Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning, with the sun shining on my face. I glanced over at Gaara's bed. It was just like it was yesterday. Looks like he didn't sleep again. I drag myself out of bed, and get dressed.

I walked into the dining area while putting my hair up into it's usual ponytail. Kankuro and Gaara are already seated at the table, while Temari makes breakfast.

"Good morning," I said tiredly, as I slid into the seat beside Gaara.

"G'morning." Kankuro replies.

While Gaara mumbles. "Morning."

There was an awkward silence before I spoke up. "What are you guys going to do after breakfast. Gaara didn't say anything, just sat there, his face stoic as ever.

"We're going to train, wanna come?" Kankuro asked.

"Actually, I wanted to explore the village. Can I?"

"Sure," Kankuro replied while Gaara said.

"No."

"What? Why!" I whined.

"Because, I said so."

"But Kankuro-nii said I can. Temari-nee wouldn't mind either." I countered.

"But I say no, end of discussion." Gaara growled.

"Fine," I crossed my arms and mumbled. "Party pooper."

Temari came and put our breakfast in front of us.

After everyone ate, we all went into our rooms and got ready.

Gaara didn't need anything from our room, so he stayed in the living room.

I grabbed my bag, and opened it. The items from yesterday are still in there. I slung the bag over my shoulder, then fixed my hair. I glanced at the window, and drew open the curtains. Konoha was a beautiful city. I really wished Gaara-nii would let me explore it.

"Ai-chan! Hurry up!"

"Coming!" I rushed out of my room and met up with my siblings and Baki-san in the hall.

"You always take so long." Kankuro complained. I just shrugged, and we all made our way to the training field.

I was sitting against a tree, watching my siblings train. This was so boring.

I glanced towards the village, then shifted my gaze back towards my siblings, they were so pre-occupied with their training....

I ripped out a piece of paper from my sketchpad and wrote a little note. The note read 'I'm exploring the village. Don't worry about me. -Ai'

I left the note on the ground where I previously sat, taking one last glance towards my siblings. Then I quietly sneak away towards the village.

Walking around the village, I looked around. This was nothing like the Sand village. It was nice here, and everyone seemed so friendly.

"Hey! You!" I turned around and was met with the stares of the Genin we met yesterday.

"Oh hey! I know you. I met you guys yesterday. Duckbutt, you still haven't answered my question." I said casually.

"Don't talk to Sasuke like that!" The girl with pink hair yelled.

"Oooh! I really like your hair color." I told her.

The angry look on her face was replaced with a small smile. "Really?"

"Yes, really, I like that shade of pink. Its a soft pink. It's pretty."