Part One: Introducing Me

I plugged my headphones into my ears as I walked across the school field, my favourite My Chemical Romance song blasted into my ears, the base pumped through my head. My mother always told me that I would be deaf by the time I was thirty. I don't care, it's a price to be paid, listening to decent music. It's so much better loud.

I briefly glanced behind me and saw my friends walking quickly to catch up with me. I love my friends but I could not be more different to them. They all have to keep up with the latest trends whether it's fashion or music or whatever, I'm perfectly happy to put on jeans, a t-shirt and my battered converse and listen to music that they haven't even heard of.

I think if I met them now, I would never be friends with them.

"Babes!" said a voice from behind me, Jasmina, it was a miracle that I could hear her with my music so loud. At first I ignored her and hoped that she'd go away. She didn't. "Oi! Emo girl!" This was her nickname for me, you can obviously see why I like her, let's just get this straight. I am not an emo, yes I have a bit of a rocker look, but I don't dress up in lace, cloaks and veils and pretend to be half dead. Jasmina was tall with long black hair and dark eyes. She joined our 'group' as we came to high school. The others all think she's 'the best'. I think she's a bimbo. And I am usually correct about these things.

"What are you lot doing here?" I grunted at them, I really hope they don't want to walk home with me. I don't want to discuss Vinnie's six pack or Carol's serious attitude problem for the millionth time.

"We're going into town." Kaitlyn replies, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. Kaitlyn was my oldest friend, I've known her since I was about three, since she threw sand at me in the sandpit at nursery then we got bored and flooded the sand pit. Grudgingly I agreed to go with them, though really, I couldn't think of anything worse.

I spent over an hour following them around shops that I had no interest in whatsoever, along the way hearing many 'Does my bum look big in this?' and 'Is this my colour?' and even 'That heel does not suit your ankle darling'. Okay, I added the darling part, but if the shoes fits...

Eventually I left Jasmina, Kaityln and Hannah, the third girl with us; Jasmina's best friend, staring at themselves in the mirror and began the long trudge home. If I'd been with my parents I would have taken a cab home, if we hadn't have had the car that is. But as I'm alone I can't afford it, I don't even have the change in my pocket for the bus home which shows how skint I really am. My parents are stinking rich, but they don't share their money with me, or generally give a damn about me. I get 'pocket money' as they call it, but it isn't really pocket money as it goes straight into my savings account. If I want money I either have to beg it off them, steal it off them or visit the bank and fill out about three thousand forms to withdraw from my savings account. I usually go for the first option, which is always denied, so I result in the second option, theft, technically it's not stealing as they're my parents. But if they found out, they'd be pretty angry.

I was kicking a pebble along the pavement as I walked down it when my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I struggled to pull it out but as I did my iPod fell out my pocket with it and bounced onto the grass in front of me. I glanced at my phone which was flashing and vibrating madly and checked the number.

My mother.

Knowing that she probably wanted to know where I was I rejected the call while rolling my eyes. I slid the phone back into the pocket and looked up. There was a guy stood in front of me, holding out my iPod.

"Yours, I think." He says with a small smile while flicking his fringe out of his eyes. For a moment I said nothing, he looked just like someone who would be in one of the magazines that Kaitlyn, Jasmina and Hannah would read. In other words, pretty hot, did they honestly look like this in person? I thought it was all photoshop. I suddenly realised I was staring at him, I dropped my gaze while blushing to a flattering shade of red.