Chapter 20

Ava's POV

"I GOT IN!" I yell, running down the stairs to the kitchen, with a large envelope clutched in my hand.

My parents eyes widen.

"You got into Manchester?" my dad exclaims.

"Yes!!" I smile widely.

My mom and dad get up and envelop me in a large hug.

"We are so proud of you, Ava. When do you need to be there?" My mom asks.

"August 5th. It says that I can move into my dorm then. They didn't tell me who my roommate will be though..."

I hope to god that my roommate will be decent.

"This is extremely exciting! Good job, darling," my dad smiles.

A sudden thought pops into my head.

"Do I have any aunts, uncles, or grandparents?"

My parents both look taken aback.

"Um well, no you don't. Your mom and I are both only children. My parents both died when I was very young and your mom's parents both died a few years ago. It's just us...." My dad trails off.

"Oh."

"Yes, well let's not dwell on that right now, okay?" My mom says, attempting to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah- yeah okay, but one more question."

My parents look at me expectantly.

"When's my birthday?" I ask, almost laughing at how stupid that sounded.

"August 29, darling," my dad tells me.

"Right, sounds good. Oh yeah and I have a boyfriend," I state bluntly, backing out of the kitchen.

"You what?" My dad stutters, while my mom has a huge grin on her face.

"It's Harry, isn't it?" She asks.

I nod slowly, feeling a little relieved that she was happy for me.

"I told you he has to many-"

My dad is cut off by my mother gently squeezing his arm and saying to me,

"You just be careful with him, Ava. He's famous and travels a lot."

"I know, but I trust Harry."

"I just don't want my little girl's heart being broken, though..." My dad replies earning a grateful glance from my mom.

"I'll be fine, I have to go text my friends about college, okay?" I say kissing them both on the cheek and skipping upstairs.

I'm honestly beyond excited about Manchester. I've heard it has a great vet program and that's what I plan on majoring in.

I walk into my room and sit on my bed, gently rubbing my sleeping dog's tummy. Jasper is sprawled out across my white comforter, taking up most of the space.

I grab my phone after a few minutes and send a group message.

To Harry:) Liz;) Sara<3
I got into Manchester:)

I'm immediately swamped with replies.

From Liz;) YOU DID? I'm so proud of my Ava;)

From Sara<3 I'll miss you so much girle!!!

From Harry:) Fantastic job, love!

I grin and reply to all of them. I can't wait till the end of summer. But then at the same time, I can. Because August means two different things. College and Harry leaving.