Karma is best served cold

The sharp blade of the knife sliced the piece into tiny pieces, while the pot of boiling water steamed from the top. I poured the chicken inside the boiling water. Last night I spent hours watching the Kung Fu Panda series and now I was trying to make those delicious dumplings. I could see the empty street from the kitchen window and an empty parking space that belonged to my mom. She was out with Agatha doing who knows what, whenever my dad was out she would always be with Agatha. 

" SMACK!

My thoughts were interrupted by a sliding egg yolk. Yes!, a stupid yellow egg yolk. My body stiffens at the sight of the prankster.  Reed's tall frame was shaking with laughter. I gripped the kitchen knife hard and before I stomped outside I decided that it was best not to use violence. 

" What the hell!" I raised my middle finger at him while he came forward ready to hug me. I scooched aside and he looked at me with his biggest smile.

" Come on Halley you are supposed to be the queen of pranks. Oh no wait you are the queen of karma." he smiled mockingly at me. 

" Shut up Reed" I walked towards the back door. Parker waited on the doorstep, he didn't move he just raised an eyebrow at me. 

" What are you? A vampire? come inside you idiot." I pulled him inside the house by his shirt. 

" Such a lady" he muttered to himself as if I was deaf. 

The steaming pot was now a mess. water was spilled everywhere and smoke was swirling all over the house. The chicken was sprawled all over the floor. I watched as the smoke slowly rose to the fire alarm. My body acted before then my mind and so did parkers. I snatched an old rag from the counter while he used my cooking book as a makeshift fan. But it was already too late, the sprinklers were blasting everywhere. I watched the disaster with my shoulders shrunk in defeat. 

" I take that cooking isn't really your thing" he casually separated the chicken from the now empty pot. 

" I take that you don't know when to shut up!" I gave him my deadliest stare. 

" Come on crazy woman! The chicken is still alive!" he paused a little and looked at the small pieces in the bowl. " Well, sort of." He sat next to me on the couch. 

" You wanna order pizza?" I nudged his shoulder waiting for an answer. But he just hummed in response. 

I dialed the pizza number and patiently waited for the man to pick up. I had the opportunity to realize the situation we were in. We were both soaked, the kitchen was a mess, the house looked like an aftermath of a tsunami and my stomach was still empty! But there was one thing that still didn't make any sense. I ended the call and turned slowly around. Reed was drying his hair with paper towels from the kitchen. 

" For what reason did you decide to show up at my house?"

He turned around to the sound of my voice. He looked perfect like a guy from a swimsuit commercial I saw the other day on Instagram. He carefully bit his lip and walked forward.

" I need your help" 

You know when a bunch of bricks suddenly seem to fall out of nowhere and your head suddenly starts to throb? well, I was feeling that way right now. I was used to people asking for my help, but for REED to be the one asking for it made the situation a hundred times more interesting. I just prayed that I could come out of this alive. 

And sorry for taking so long to update! I've had a busy week. I am genuinely curious to know if there is anyone reading these book? Have an amazing week and as an apology, I will update this weekend another chapter :)

Comment.Vote.Follow.Fan.Like and peace out