Chapter 2

In my dream, I was standing in a white room and I saw a faint light right in front of me, I walk towards it, enter the light, and fell down and I realise that it was a portal, I’m now in Mecca, in my dreams of course, I could tell the difference, the sensation, everything just seem so wrong. I see people dying, cursing the terrorists, people dying one by one, children crying, pregnant women running for their lives from people who are desperately trying to steal, just to keep themselves alive. They all thought that it was an attack from Iraq, everyone does, and they think that the world is going to end. Well what they didn’t know is that I am the cause of this; I am the one who is responsible.

Suddenly, everything changes again, I was in the CIA headquarters, no, not the CIA headquarters, I was, I didn’t know where I was. I saw authorized CIA personals, MI6, MI5, FBI, and some army men. They’re talking about something, something important and then I saw something, something terrifying, I walk to the conference room, I could see them but they couldn’t see me, I sit in one of the empty chairs and look straight to the board, and saw my picture there.

I heard one of them say “This is the person who is responsible for everything, she should be captured if possible or if condition is not possible, kill her”

“I got to disagree with you, John, she may be useful to us, imagine this if we know how to use her, how to make her say that we are rich, then we can really be rich! I say we talk her into giving herself in and then we use her for our nation’s purpose!” says the other one

And to my surprise the one that has wanted to use me, I can see a similarity in his face, looks like that I know him, looks like that I’ve ever met him, but I can’t tell who he is.

Suddenly everyone froze, and one of them said “somebody is watching us” and their heads are turning into the same direction, to where I’m sitting. I hold my breath and close my eyes, everything changes again, I was back in the white room, but there is no longer any faint light that happened to be a portal, I thought I was about to wake up and I was wrong. I kept waiting, running from one place to another, thinking that there is a way out of this room, a door, but no, there isn’t a way out so after 1 hour of running I decided to take a rest. Sit down on the white floor. Then I heard a voice

              “Stand up Sydney” it told me

I don’t want to follow it, but I stand anyway.

              “Have you realised of what you had done? Turn yourself in, and let there be peace in the world”

              “NO! I will never ever listen to a voice that isn’t real! You’re not here. You’re just a part of my dreams. I will never ever turn myself in! Not ever”

              “Then shall you travel the way that you hath chosen”

Something bad just happened, the room turn to white starting from the floor, walls, to the ceiling, until the room is pitch-black. I couldn’t see anything but I do get the sensation, the sensation of falling, it’s like skydiving from a plane where the wind would just gush through you, adrenaline gushing through my veins, it’s the same sensation that you get when you skydive, but this time it’s different. This time I’m doing it without a parachute!

I closed my eyes and a few minutes after the free fall, I hit the ground with a thud, I woke up and to my surprise, I’m in my room, Sunlight dashing through the windows lighting up my room, I was in my bed, my king size Slumber land bed. I didn’t know how I got here; all I know is that everything felt right. I quickly turn the TV on and turn the news channel up. And to my relieve nothing new is on the news, no Mecca nuclear bombing, no sinking island of China, just nothing.

But somehow it’s still unbelievable, so I had to run downstairs and search for my mom.

              “MOM!! Did anything bad happen yesterday?” I asked her

              “What??!! Anything bad that happened yesterday is that you slept the whole day!”

“What!! What day is today?” I asked her with curiosity

“According to my iPhone it’s March 19, 2017

“What!! That can’t be possible! Yesterday was March 20!!”

“You were asleep all day and night honey, how could you know if yesterday was March 20, BTW my iPhone could got it wrong but there’s no way my iPad could tell the wrong date”

“Well take a look at your bloody iPad!”

“Hold on a second, I’M COOKING! See its March 19”

Note to self: Never rely on technology.

I then helped my mom cooking, just like the normal Sundays, but I can’t stop thinking about that dream, whether it will come true, is it a vision, or is it just an ordinary dream. Do I have a gift, or is it a gift? These questions are in my mind and I kept thinking about them the whole day until I went to bed and I reminded myself not to let anything in that dream to become reality tomorrow.