Hellhounds and Poptarts

By the time they get back to the tower Percy is exhausted. They dropped Alicia off on the way home and  after a warning to Clint and Tony not to breath a word without him, he slips into his room. He is asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow despite the dull thud of a headache and the small amount of sweat rolling off his skin. He is much better than he was, but he may have overdid it with such a long day.

His head swims with conflicting thoughts. He is frustratingly angry with Drew and even more so with Tony and Clint for following him. How ever he is somewhat relieved that now he won't have to continue the hassle of hiding from the Avengers. The billionaire and the archer swore on Styx (after he explained the seriousness of such an oath) that they wouldn't be writing or type anything about his Greek heritage down. It would remain off record and Fury will never know either.

By the time the sun rises and he heads to breakfast, he physically feels the best he has in a week, but mentally.... well he believes that part of him simply caved in and all that is left is rubble. 

Thor is eating poptarts when Percy plops down across from him at the table. The blonde looks up, but Percy ignores him. 'Way too early to get annoyed by an alien.' After several long minutes that he does not look away, Percy sighs and says "Is there something you want?"

"Are you okay nephew of Tony Stark?"

"Never better. Heck I just bench pressed a hellhound yesterday." He is suddenly overcome with the urge to dangle his demigodness is front of the Asgardian and see if he can figure it out. In a way he's just being mean. He doesn't know if Thor has even heard of the Greek gods. At least he's not too out of it to do this much.

Sarcasm lost on him, a confused look crosses Thor's face. "Why did it not eat you?"

"Oh she's my pet. Her name's Mrs. O'Leary. She won't eat me,"  He shovels some more Booberry into his mouth. (Got to thank Tony for being able to get it out of season)

Poor Thor, his face is scrunched up in an almost painful way as he tries to comprehend what Percy is saying. "That is impossible. Hellhounds are beast of the Underworld. None can tame them."

So maybe he does know a few things. "Well I didn't tame her. Daedalus did and he gave her to me."

"Daedalus is dead. He died long ago in Ancient Greece."

"Oh that's just what he wanted everyone to think, but the geezer just created a body for himself and kept on kicking." Percy says dramatically. Truthfully he respected Daedalus or as he first knew him as, Quintus. He was brilliant and in the end did the right thing.

"Impossible!" Thor cries, slamming his fist down onto the table.

"It's true. He was my instructor at camp. Anyway enough about Mrs. O'Leary. I was going to ask if you've seen the Minotaur around. I want to make sure he got some clothes. His tighty whiteys are starting to look a bit dirty." Oh he's on a roll now.

"You have met the Minotaur?!" Thor is standing now, a look of utter disbelief on his face and his poptarts forgotten. 

"A couple times. Why?"

"The Minotaur is a Greek monster that towers over man! It is fearsome! How did you meet it and survive?!"

"Uhm the first time: luck. The second time I knew what I was doing."

Realization seems to clicked into place and Thor looks at him with wide eyes. "Are you a demigod child raised in Camp Half Blood?"

Despite his shock Percy says. "Uh maybe. .... but how do you know about camp?"

"Of course I know of Camp Half Blood. The gods made peace with Asgard over a two hundred years ago. We are friends now. Are you or are you not a demigod?"