Chapter 2

As Sam slowly drifted off to sleep, Forrest sat thinking. He hated to see Sam hurting this way, and he couldn't help as tears of anger and sorrow again slid down his cheeks. Sam was the best thing Forrest had ever had, and he didn't want to see him like this.

Forrest and Sam had been together for 8 months, and they were pretty much inseparable. Forrest was Sam's height, with shoulder length black hair so dark it seemed to be tainted with blue, and lavender eyes. Behind those eyes lay sorrow and pain for both of them together.

Sam and Forrest later walked through the town hand in hand and discussed nothing in particular. Forrest couldn't help glancing at Sam's head, wishing to make the pain all go away. Sam glanced at Forrest, flashing him a sad smile, and pressed his mouth against Forrest's, glad he knew someone who could care for him so.

When Sam arrived home at around midnight, he saw no light from the tv, and he heard nothing. He figured his dad was out still, and he breathed a sigh of relief, but as he opened the door, he saw the dark outline of his father sitting on his bed, holding the knife he kept under his mattress. Before Sam could register, his dad shot off the bed towards him and drove the knife deep into his ribs, causing him to gasp in pain.

"You bastard of a son. You are no good for this earth. You and your boyfriend should die together, but I will take the pleasure." Sam felt the knife being ripped out of his ribs and driven again into his back and kept there. His father pummeled him with blows from his large fists, laughing.

"I will leave you here to die. Goodbye, you ungrateful son" and the front door again slammed shut. Struggling to breathe, he speed dialed Forrest, and using the voice he could to make it sound like he was ok, he told Forrest to come see him.