Chapter 2

Ezra's P.O.V

After another day of work, I came back to my cell to see my meal and drink. I can feel my mouth watering from just looking at it. I sit down just as the door to my cell closed but before I could take a bite, I can see the green woman in her cell. I could hear her stomach growling and felt bad. That's what happens to dancers here. Their master's barely feed them so they are skinny and beautiful.

I see it as another way of abuse. We used to have dancers here but they all died from starvation or moved or just random causes. I split my meal into two and put my share on the plate I used this morning. I pushed the other plate under the cell door and over to the Twi'lek woman. She looked over at me and smiled. "Thank you," she said but I was surprised on how she said it. She didn't say it in her thick accent but in a normal soft way, like my mother's voice...

I shook the thought out of my head and ate my meal. When she took a bite out of the meal, she gave a bit of a disgusted look but kept eating. I knew how she felt cause that was my same reaction from eating this meal for the first time. I took a couple sips of my water then looked down the hall to make sure no guards were coming. I tipped the cup so it would be able to go under the door then I slid it over to the other cell.

She took the cup and then gave it back to me. There was still a little bit in there. Why didn't she drink the rest? Then she slid the plate over and I saw that there was still some on the plate. "You can have the rest," the Twi'lek said, "it is yours." I was shocked and didn't have to be told twice before chowing down the rest. I set it all aside and looked over at the green woman. "My names Hera," she said, "what's yours?"

I didn't say anything, I just looked at the ground. "Not much of a talker?" She said. I shrugged my shoulders and crawled over and laid on my pillows. "Goodnight," Hera said and I waved over to her.

The next day, I woke up with no nightmares but I still had chills from the other night. I glanced over at the other cell to see it empty. Oh no, that can't be good. Now where did she go? Not that I'm worried or anything. I heard walking coming down the halls and the guards brought back Hera. "Nicely done," the guard said and walked off. Hera pulled her legs up to her chest and glared as the guard walked away.

   She looked over at me then turned away like she was embarrassed at what she had done. Probably dancing in front of people but why would she be embarrassed at that? Unless she is a new slave that was sold off to here by a bounty hunter. I felt bad but didn't show it.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall and saw my master standing in front of our cells. "You two are going to have some new work today at a bar," he said. What's a bar? I've had the same jobs my whole life, I haven't even been outside the wall that surrounds this prison. I never heard of this bar thing before.

My cell door opened and I stood up and walked out. Hera did the same thing and waited for our master to give us a command. He put a gray thing with a blinking red dot around my wrist and did the same with Hera's. "These will keep you two from running off," he said, "so do as you are told by Joe or else." I gulped the fear back down my throat and nodded my head. "Yes sir," Hera said in her accent.

I was confused when she switches to her accent to normal then back to accent. Yet, I've only noticed her doing a normal voice when there is no one around expect for me. Why does she only do it around me though? What's so special about me that she only does her normal voice? I snapped out of my thoughts when we started to walk. We went outside to a see a ship that was ready for take off.

This was my first time in a ship. I always wanted to know what it felt like to fly in the sky. I guess today's my lucky day when we board the ship. "Sit," our master ordered and we sat on the cold metal seats. Our master left into a different room, leaving me and the Twi'lek by ourselves. We sat in silence the whole flight to the bar.

I played with my fingers the whole way to the bar and never looked up to make eye contact with Hera. "So," she said in her accent whispering,"What is your name?" I didn't look up to meet her but side glanced at the door that our master was behind before going to to my fingers again. "Can you talk?" She asked and I looked up at her curious eyes to give her a glare.

Doesn't she know if you talk then you will get punished and curiosity is dangerous as a slave if not careful. So I look back down and did as I always did for the past eight years, the silent treatment. "Can you talk?" She asked again and I held back the will to gesture the 'zip your lips.' I glanced back at the door nervous that he could hear us but still there was nothing.

I could feel my heart racing cause if she gets caught, we are both getting punished for anyway of communication. "Why do you keep looking at the door.....unless," she whispered in her accent still. She was really bugging me but I kept looking at the ground and played with my fingers. Then what she said next shocked me. "Are you afraid of our master?"

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁