Prologue

Not very long ago, in a place not far. There lived a girl. She was rich beyond your imagination and as beautiful as a ray of sun on a winter rose. But she was ugly, so very ugly inside. She was not any different from any highschool girl, she kept up with the trends. Only wore jeans when the magazines said you could, no white after Labor Day. She always did her makeup perfectly, spending hours looking in the mirror. Her one fear was to be different, but soon all of that would change. On the night the earth stood still and crumbled around her, prom.

Alise, that was her name I remember now, had spent hours in the salon to get perfect curls and even longer in the seat of her makeup artist. She wore a floor length deep red gown. She was stunning and everyone paled in comparison. That night would be the last happy night she would have for a long time for as it came to a close the one girl she despised was dancing with her date. Shara had no date and Alise's was kind enough to dance with her, but Alise would not extend such kindness, Shara was different, singing and dancing at odd times. Different was no good in the popular girls minds so they punished Shara in their own way, cold shoulders, slushes and the occasional show of power via punch. So that is what Alise did, she hiked up her gown grabbed the punch bowl and dumped it on Shara. It soaked her white dress like a red river and then Alise did the worst thing, she laughed and laughed and laughed, everyone did and when Shara turned she was no longer Shara. Instead she was a beautiful woman with long dark hair that reached the floor.

"You have shown that there is no kindness in your heart." She said her words shaking the room, everyone screams and Alise looks up in terror

"I-I...." she manages to get out but it is of no use.

"You are ugly on the inside and so you will be ugly on the outside as well. You have not shown me an ounce of kindness and I will not show you any. You are despised by many and loved by none. " she waves her hand and a bright light fills the room, Alise screams in pain and drops the the ground.

Alsie's once beautiful face is morphed and twisted into deep lines, there are scratches up and down it and only her bright green eyes remain. Her hair is flat and burned and clumps are missing. She was as ugly as her heart.

"You have a year to love someone and earn their love in return or you shall remain this way for eternity." The witch hisses and she is gone. The students turn to face Alise and scream in horror running away. She is left alone and with a curse.