Chapter 4: Potato and Lil' Penguin

"So can you please explain to us why The Jock was staring at you during our lunch break?" Rose asked Madi. She and the girls were hanging out at Penny's house (since school had been dismissed).

"Huh? He wasn't. And btw he's not the j-," she stopped herself from saying 'jock'. She did not want to ruin George's reputation at their school. "Uh I mean... He has a name, you know," she continued.

"Aha. So are you denying it huh? And yes we know he has a name (of course). Who wouldn't, right?" "Of course! Everybody knew his name," she thought.

"Well if you know he's name, you should address him by his name. It's not nice of you to call him the jock. I mean, it is also not nice for you to call someone 'The Nerd', am I right?" She said this with fury in her eyes. It was wrong addressing him as the jock. It was kind of weird that she had been saying all those things to her friends. She knew that George and she had just met and were already friends, but why was she defending him easily?

"Look. Chill okay? You're right. And we're terribly sorry. I didn't know how important his name is to you." Rose replied.

"I... It's okay. It's not important anyway. He just became my friend that is all." Oh no! Did she tell them that they became friends? What will her friends say?

"What the...?" Light quickly replied as she widened her eyes. She couldn't believe that her friends are quite against her. Or at least she thought that they were against her.

"Uh, yeah. I didn't want to tell you guys 'coz I know how all of you will react. "Madi explained in a calm voice.

"Oh. We're sorry, Madi. We don't judge you, and we won't. It's just shocking that you're friends with the jock." Rose said.

"George. George Davis." Madi looked at them and raised an eyebrow.

"Riiight. Sorry." Rose replied.

"Just be careful, dear. You don't know if he's using you or something." Anabelle said. "Oh no. Anabelle is right," she thought. Was he trustworthy? Was she going to trust him? She did not know. All she knew was that she had to be vigilant just in case something bad was going to happen. But the thing was she felt comfortable around him. She felt safe. She did not know why, but that was what she felt. She knew they only talked to each other once, but she felt more happy and joyful whenever they talked.

"Madi! Hello? Calling Madeline McArthur back to planet earth?" Rose snapped at her.

"Uh? I'm sorry. Gosh. Can you guys be patient? I was thinking about something." Madi told them as she laughed.

"Apology accepted. We're sorry too, hey."

"It's okay. You don't have to be sorry. It's my fault. I'm sorry again, guys." Madi looked down, as she joined her hands together. She felt bad for not telling them about it in the first place. She was scared. Scared of being judged. But now that she told them, she felt so much better.

-----------------------------------------------

Madi walked back to her house, wondering what George was doing. She wanted to text him or something. WAIT. Neither of them exchanged their phone numbers! Oh... She almost swore, but she stopped herself of course. She sighed. "Whatever," she thought.

Suddenly her phone rang.

"Hello?" the voice said - which sounded like a young boy's voice, or a man. All she knew was that the voice was from a male.

"Uh? Hello? May you please give me your identity?" Wow. She sounded mature for sure. Ha! Maybe it was because people who were not listed in her contacts never called her, so she thought the guy had a wrong number.