Guardian - Summary of Inbetween, book 1

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS for book 1. I highly recommend you read that. :)

The Inbetween is a tale about the Guardians- those stuck between life and death who serve to protect the living from the paranormal- and Amelia. Amelia was in love with her childhood sweetheart, Dylan, from the moment they met as children. Amelia spent her last few months sacrificing her own dignity and self-esteem for Dylan, after he cheated on her and proposed to his new girl, only to get murdered on the night of the wedding by Dylan's petite blonde bride.  Who just ripped out her throat and ended her life...

...and thrown her into the Inbetween- the land of the 'half dead'. Amelia, coming to terms with her death and the loss the of her childhood sweetheart, finds herself in the InBetween... and has the chance to come to life for the first time. But can she let go of Dylan when she's seen the true side of his new wife?

Apollo is one of the oldest Guardians, sick of the world, and this is his last job. His last recruit. After this he can follow his wife and he's determined to make sure nothing goes wrong.  He's impatient to train her and complete his duty.  

 As she heals, she starts to find that she didn't have the perfect relationship with Dylan, and that somehow Apollo isn't as perfect as he first appears. When Amelia accepts herself, she's given a gift. Another lifetime's worth of memories... and the chance to be a Guardian as her true self.