The Attack

“OK Talia you will be in a team with Mitchell, Jacob, Hannah and Gemini. You will be taking the bottom oval for your report. You have one hour to get all the information you need, that goes for all of you and if I find out you’ve been messing around again you will have to answer to me. Is that clear?” our teacher Mr. Leeming warned us.  We all nod and take off for our respective area.

When we reach the oval we already had our iPods out and earphones in, “so what are we meant to do exactly?” Gemini asks. I look around taking my surroundings in, “I don’t know?” I reply before skipping over to the closest tree. I hold my things in one hand as I take a step back and run up to the lowest branch. I grab a branch and swing side to side before flipping over the branch and landing upright on it. I sit in the tree and think about my life, which unfortunately all I could remember was up to about two years ago. I could only remember a few things at the very edge of my memory. I remember that there was a large storm front that had rolled up one night. I was outside but the reason why I was, I had no idea and where I was I also had no clue. I could remember being hit and landing on the ground and then waking up in hospital and finding out whatever life I had led was a lie…. Or so my parents had said. I try to remember more but it all became blurrier and blurrier until it was just a vague colourful swirl. I shake my head and felt a migraine approaching.

I look around at the leaves that surrounded me. I fold my sheets up and put them in my pocket with my trusty pen and pencil. Suddenly an ear-splitting scream rings across the oval. I roll my eyes thinking that the guys were terrorizing the poor girls with some dead carcass they had found in the bushes but as I look down I see them all running to the tree, no dead thing in sight. Weird. “What are you guys doing?” I ask looking down at them as they looked up at me completely and utterly terrified. “There’s... some sort of weird monster out there.” I roll my eyes and then some sort of shockwave hits the tree and makes it shake. Something clutches at my heart and I get up off my branch and run along it. I leap off the edge and flip mid air. I hit the ground and roll. “Since when could I do that…?” I ask no one in particular.  I stand and something black catches my eye. I look over at it and get a good look. It was some sort of enormous black ball and all around its circumference were little symbols. “Ugh… guys what did you do?” I ask them, not daring to look away from the machine thing. Getting no response I turn to see them all hiding behind the tree. “Well?” they look over at me, “it just appeared out of nowhere!” Mitchell shouts to me. I give him a look, “what did it just materialise or something?” I say sarcastically. He gives me a look and I turn my back to them, so I could get a better look at the thing, whatever the thing was. As I study it, it splits up and reveals some sort of insignia. The sign looked so familiar but where had I seen it? Just as I thought this, red charges started to appear and absorb into the sign. It looked like it was charging up for something… My eyes widen as an enormous red laser rips across the oval. I yell out and jump to the left, avoiding it. Holy crap! What was happening? I jump backwards, careful not to trip over anything.

I slip behind the cover of a nearby tree. I chance a quick look and up near the top of the oval, closest to the school I see one of my teachers. It looked like Ms Burton… I duck back behind the tree and look around on the ground for something to throw at the creature, as I crouch and reach for a stick I hear a weird computerised noise. I look up and two swords materialise out of nothing. What the hell? I swear this day couldn’t get any weirder. They drop in front of me and I pick them up. I inspect them closely. I stand and lean against the tree. The laser rips right past my left side, I needed to move away. I risk one more glance and see the insignia pointed straight at me. The sign itself looked a lot like a target. I wonder… I lunge out of my hiding spot, clutching the thin swords to my side. I sprint to the monster as it charged for another blow. I make a zigzag pattern so it wouldn’t be able to hit me straight on, “Talia! What the hell are you doing?” I hear Jacob yell to me. I don’t answer as I approach the thing. I leap into the air and flip gracefully, remember I had no clue how on earth I was managing this sort of thing. I line the target up and land on the thing. I plunge the sword in the ball rocks violently and blows up. I fly back and hit the dusty ground, skidding to a stop I try to assess the damage it had caused me. “Holy shit Talia! Are you OK?!” I hear Hannah yell as they start to run up to me. I shakily get to my knees and spot someone standing nearby; he was wearing some sort of black body suit. Not that I noticed that first, no the thing that I noticed first that scared me was the enormous sword he held in his hand. I jump to my feet as the others reach me. They follow my line of vision not before they saw the swords, “Talia, what's happening?” Gemini asks warily from beside me as she eyed the swords and the boy. I don’t look at her as I answer; instead I was staring at the somewhat familiar boy. “Do I look like I know? These sword thingies just appeared above me when I was looking for a weapon for that monster thing!” I watch as the boy moves for the first time, he was shifting into an attack stance. I step forwards as he holds the sword up, obviously lining me up. “What do you want?” I yell across the dusty oval. My only answer was the fact that his sword lit up. “Guys, get to some cover or just get away from me, whatever this kid wants it’s me, is that clear?” “But… but… we can’t just leave you!” Mitchell says from beside me.

 I give him a sideways glance, “go now.”  He obliges immediately and the four of them back away slowly but not too far away. I look back at the kid as he threw the sword at me, holy shizz the sword was fast. I jump over it and roll as it came back like a boomerang.  It slices the air above me; I jump to my feet and fling my own swords at him. One finds his arm as he bats the other one away. The area where I had hit his arm was blurry and he seemed immobilised. Perfect. My time to strike. I sprint at him and one of my swords, the one that had hit him, swing around. I jump into the air and catch it and head straight for him. He grins evilly and regains mobility. Shit. He grabs the sword and swings it around at me. Being too close to dodge it hits me straight in the stomach. Instead of drawing blood and my inner organs spilling out, something else happens. I look down and realise the sword had passed through my quickly disappearing body. Disappearing?! Small blue pixels fell away from my body taking me with them. I look up at him one more time and he looks down at me. The last thing I think is that how he looked about my age or so.

I open my eyes immediately and look around; I seemed to be lying on the floor of something. I gasp for air but realise I couldn’t. OH MY GOD WAS I DEAD? I jump up and look around hurriedly; if this was heaven this was obviously screwed. Since when did heaven, like in all the bibles and books, look like something out of doctor who? Around me small screens, the size of a small LCD TVs wrote and rewrote out different numbers that looked somewhat like codes. I step forwards and look down. My clothes were different, everything was different. I couldn’t feel any heat from anything and when I looked at my skin it didn’t look natural. Where was I? My clothes were strange as well. For one I wasn’t wearing my trusty denim blue chucks. I was wearing what looked to be a full body suit. It was sky blue, a light baby blue and black in some areas. I was wearing a short see through skirt that was a light purple pink colour. After examining myself I look around the circular room for some sort of exit. As I study the room I finally notice the room’s floor. It was the same symbol as the one the monster had. XANA, the word echoed through my head. Who or what was XANA? I see one part of the symbol reaching out to the wall. I walk along the floor gracefully, more so than normally, don’t ask me how though. I reach the end and press my hands on the wall. They go through and I fall out, not expecting that to happen to me. I regain some of my composure and jump up. I look around and was greeted by a landscape that could never be found in Australia. All around me were large icebergs. The ground beneath me was also ice. Two things confused me right now. One, where was I that had icebergs and all that? Two, why wasn’t I cold and where was the breeze or anything living around? I see something in the distance that looked like some sort of tower… maybe I should check there. I take off and a good pace and find that I hadn’t become short of breath, well obviously. I look back at where I had run from and I see that I had come out of the exact thing I was running to. Well not exact but the same thing. The only thing that was different was the colour of the mist stuff the hung around the top of the tower. The one I had run from was a whitish colour and the tower I was running to was red. This looked to be a bad thing. I shrug and pick up my pace until I was full on sprinting to it. As I get closer to the tower I could hear noises like yells and lasers being shot. I reach a large mountain of ice and hide behind it.

I peer around the corner of the mountain and the scene in front of me was of pure science fiction. A boy wearing some sort of samurai suit was facing off against some sort of cubic creature which kept spinning and shooting different lasers at him. Next to him was a boy wearing what looked to me to be a cat costume. Ears and claws and everything. Up above them in some sort of hovering scooter was a girl wearing a geisha costume, she looked like she was Japanese and last but not least was the girl hiding behind an iceberg near the tower, she had pink hair and her costume was almost exactly the same as mine. While I was checking out these kids I didn’t hear the block like creature that snuck up on me. I turn around just as it shot me and for the second time in two days I disappeared in a mass of pixels.

A/N I hope you liked it so far, please read and review, tell if you liked it or not… constructive criticism only please goizz <3 thanks for reading!