Prologue

You ask me what is the definition of wise. How about you answer it for me. And maybe i'll tell you what I think.

Let me ask you, the reader, to answer the questions honestly and with the best reasoning of your heart and soul. I promise you I won't use psychology against you. You are you. And right now do not overthink your answers. You are the only one who will know what you said. Or if you choose to tell me. That voice in your head, those beautiful neurons sparking, let it speak for you right now.

For some, this may sound familiar.

You are in a room with 15 people inside. You are holding a stranger's newborn child in your arms.

How young is the child in your arms?

Ex: Newborn to _ months.

There are people outside, looking for you and the people with you. If any of you make a sound, the people outside will locate you and murder all of you. Since the child is a newborn, there is a high chance that it will cry at anytime especially for it's sensitivity to sound and the loud vibration of the people's footsteps outside. The child is a high risk of revealing your location, they will murder everybody if the child makes a sound along with the others.

You are under extreme stress and you have the sole decision to murder or die.

Will you kill the child in your arms for the sake of the 16 lives?

Yes or no?

Go ahead and take your time to answer before moving on.

Once you have made your decision, the next question is.

Why?

Pinili mo ba na mamatay na kayong lahat pagumiyak yung bata dahil hindi mo kaya yung konsensya ng pagpatay sa isang bata para maligtas ang marami? Pinili mo bang mamatay dahil  hindi mo kayang mabuhay na dala ang desisyon mo.

Pinili mo ba ang patayin ang sanggol para maligtas ang 16 na buhay?

We choose from many factors. From your morals. Handa ka na ba sa sagot mo?

And with that I ask the many who have chose to let everybody die for the sake of their conscience. I am Ayalla. And I will not tell you the correct answer, since I myself am not sure of my own.

To whoever answered that they chose to let everybody die for the sake of a child. My opinion is not relevant however, the purpose of the questions will be revealed by what I will say.

What you chose is none of my business, what I will reveal to you now was once or maybe still my perspective.

Choosing the option of sacrificing the many for the sake of your conscience was weak, I understand. However, selfish. That you chose to sacrifice 15 people for yourself. That you chose to save nobody than somebody. This is your judgement, this is your sin. You have murdered more with your death than less when you were alive.

I ask with no offence and that I acknowledge the difficulty within the given situation.

But I would like to ask. What advantage did your moral code grant you? Instead of one dying, everybody did. Is it not in the end, selfish? To keep one's hands clean at the expense of another's life?

My purpose, as of my existence now and who I was. I was meant to choose the the less deaths as much as possible.

Let me ask you another question. What if the child you were holding is no longer a stranger's child but your own?

When the question changed, the stranger's child becoming my own. I wondered what kind of justification would I have to make to make my decision the most rational.

How will I justify this, this time.

For I was born to choose the less loss. For I was raised not winning, but choosing how to lose less.

And for this I cannot tell you the definition of wise though it is in an accessible reach on the internet. I know that I am not.