Chapter 3

Later that night Derek sat on Stiles computer chair waiting for the younger man to get out of the shower.

After his talk with the Sheriff Stiles had cornered him and questioned him about their conversation but Derek refused to tell him since he had promised the Sheriff not to involve him until they knew for a fact that it was a supernatural case. Stiles being Stiles had gotten mad and stomped off without stopping when he and his betas called him. Derek knew that Stiles hated to be left out so he decided to give him space for a couple of hours but he hadn't answered the phone that night and when he went to try to get in through the window he had found a line of mountain ash keeping him from entering.

It was now the next day and Derek had waited until the Sheriff had gone off to work until he had looked for an opened window.

He had checked to see if any of the neighbors were watching before he found the kitchen window opened and pulled himself up and into the house.

Now he was just waiting until his mate got out of the bathroom. The wolf part of him wants to join the younger man knowing that he was watching off the smell of pack. Not intentionally of course but he still couldn't help but whine at the idea of him not smelling like pack. Like him.

Laying his head on the desk he tried not to think of the conversation that he would soon have. He knew that if Stiles kept asking him he wouldn't be able to keep his promise, he couldn't really deny Stiles anything. But he also knew that he didn't want his mate in danger and it was best to not involve him if it wasn't something serious. He had already come close to loosing him and he was going to make sure that it didn't happen again. He wasn't going to fail his mate again.

>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~

(Stiles P.O.V)

Stiles used one of the towels to wipe the steam off of the mirror until he could see himself clearly. He saw the dark bags underneath his eyes from him not sleeping the whole night.

He had stayed up and watched as his phone lit up with Derek's contact picture. It was one of the few pictures that he had of Derek in where his eyes didn't ruin the photo. Stiles knew that he was being childish by ignoring Derek. But he was angry. Sure he knew that if he was going to be mad at somebody it should be his dad since he's the one that told Derek no to say anything but he also knew that Derek probably wouldn't have had told him anything anyways.

Stiles had wanted to pick up the phone and apologize but his ego wouldn't let him. He was sick of always being the one to apologize first. He knew that Derek had tried to get in last night but he didn't regret putting up the mountain ash. Derek had to understand that he was an adult now, that they couldn't decide what was good for him to know or not, that by being the Alphas mate it was his right to know if his Pack was in danger.

Sighing he shook his head and looked back at his reflection in the mirror. His gaze fell down to his chest. He let his finger run down one of the many scars that he had on his chest. Most of them were barely visible, you could only see them if you we're looking for them. The scar that he was currently tracing was right over his heart, he got it from a witch that tried to sacrifice him. She had taken him back to where her coven was hiding and tied him up and tortured him, she was in the middle of stabbing him when a loud roar ran through the air. She had picked up her things and tried to runaway but not before leaving a star shaped scar on his chest. he had heard rest of the pack fighting before he fell unconscious. He didn't remember what happened but he knew that his pack had destroyed the coven.

He remember how Derek had stayed with him that whole weekend. He hadn't let anybody other than Deaton get close to Stiles. Every time somebody had tried he had growled and pulled Stiles even closer to himself.

Washing his face with cold water in hopes that maybe it would clear his mind of anything and everything he pulled to towel tighter around his waist and made his way to his room.

(A/N)

~okay so I know this was really short buuuut I was writing this without really knowing what was going on but now that I have the plot written down(in my head) I'm just gonna do some research and then the I should be able to upload faster and write down longer chapters :D

More importantly did anybody watch this weeks episode :O??? (3x18) It killed me that Derek and Stiles were literally only like a couple if not one room apart but still no Sterek moments D': !!!