Chapter 3: Louis Tomlinson

Chapter 3:

Louis Tomlinson

Rosie's POV

I had declined Harry's date offer yesterday as nicely as possible, but it was still extremely awkward.

"Rosie we need these books shelved." Aaron, my coworker informs me. I nod quietly. I work in a library, shelving the books. It seems like a strange job, but it's perfect for me. I couldn't be a waitress or a cashier or anyone who tends to people personal lives which is like every job! I don't want to know what a stranger is having for dinner, I don't want to know what a stranger is buying, I don't want to know a strangers information. It's too intimate for me, I don't want to know any if it, so I creep behind the shelves, shelving books in a quiet library where I don't have to make conversation with anyone.

"I'll get to it." I say in a hushed voice. Aaron nears closer, grabbing a book and placing it in the alphabetical order. Sure, it was a pain, but it had to be done. "It's ok I've got it." I shake my head, not wanting him near me any longer.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Just go do your thing." I refrain from rolling my eyes. He drops the book back onto the shelve cart that I pushed around, turning on his heel and walking away and to the males bathroom.

"Excuse me?" Another male voice asks. I lean away from the shelf, eyeing the man. He had piercing blue eyes, a strange mop of brown hair atop his head, but it worked on him. His smile was evident, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Um, yes?" I ask, trying my best not to gaze at his numerous tattoos long.

"Yes, I would like to return a book." He smirks.

"I don't really-"

"Your the only person I've found so far..." He cuts me off. He seemed intimidating but he had this...childlike flair? His eyes scan my name tag for a name. "...Rosie."

"I mean...I guess I can..." I trail, walking over to the check out counter. He handed me a book. My cheeks turned slightly pink at the title. 50 Shades of Grey. "Name?" It felt wrong to even touch the book.

"Louis Tomlinson." I type in the name, making sure that the book was removed from his name and was now free to be checked out. He was slightly muscular, a tattoo peeking from his shirt. I couldn't quite make out what it said, but he had caught me staring.

"S-sorry," I stutter.

"It's fine." And with that, he makes his way out the door. I felt like I knew him from somewhere...

***

Harry POV

It had been so very humiliating when Rosie rejected me, but what was worse was the feeling of pain. Fresh and unique in all it's glory. I had felt the pain because of Tiffany, of how I'd felt rejected by her when she slept with someone else.

"Harry it's been two days, you and Louis never go this long mad at each other." Niall sighs.

"I'm not mad at him." I say honestly. "He's just avoiding me."

"How do you even know that if you haven't tried to contact him?"

"Who said I was avoiding him?"

"I never said that. I just said that you haven't tried to contact him either."

"Whatever." He scoffs. "What's gotten you so perky the last couple of days?"

"What do you mean? I'm fine." I shrug, crossing my ankles that were rested on the footrest and sighed.

"Bullshit." Niall says, leaning forward and flicking the TV off. "Who is she?"

"What're you talking about?"

"Harry you always act like this when you like a girl."

"Niall I have no idea what you mean by that. Maybe it's just my meds." I mean, I didn't feel any different.

"Maybe." He says. "Now call Louis."

***

Rosie's POV

I lie in bed staring at the ceiling. I couldn't get that guy off my mind, Louis Tomlinson. I knew him from somewhere, he was definitely someone important too. But if he was so important, why wouldn't I remember him? I hop up from bed, walking to the living room. Nearly jumping two feet in the air, I stifle a scream.

"Jesus Lucy!" I say, out of breath due to the scare. She sat on the couch, watching TV.

"I'm pretty sure I can't walk on water but whatever floats your boat." She says sarcastically. "Anyway, what are you doing up, you've got work tomorrow?"

"Can't sleep." I join her on the couch.

"What's bothering you?"

"I saw some guy in the library, he wanted to return a book."

"So?" She looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"He seemed so familiar Lucy! I know him, I swear I know him from somewhere."

"What's his name?"

"Louis Tomlinson." Her eyes widened, mouth agape.

"Did you just say Louis Tomlinson?!" She nearly screeches.

"Yes?" I say it like it's a question.

"Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes!" I say frustratedly.

"Oh my god..." She murmurs.

"Do you know him or something?" I ask, brows furrowed.

"Yeah." She says through tight lips. "And so do you."

AUTHORS NOTE: I tried so hard to make this chapter good, but it just didn't work. I rewrote it three times and still, it's not very good. It's also a very short chapter. Not particularly proud of this chapter but yeah, it is what it is. Um, I'm not publishing this chapter until I'm done the next one to make up for its crappiness so please, vote, and read on!