Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Carter's pov*

"Will you marry me?"

I was speechless. I just nodded my head with tears in my eyes. He put the ring on my finger and kissed my hand. I can't believe this is happening! I'M GETTING MARRIED! This is amazing! Austin and I walked out of the restaurant hand-in-hand and walked to his car. All I was doing was staring at my ring. I'm so shocked. We got home and right when we walked through the door Austin pressed his lips to mine. We stayed like that for a few more minutes then I yawned while we were kissing. Austin chuckled. "Someone tired?" He asked. "Yeah." I said and walked upstairs to change. I grabbed one of Austin's shirts and some sweats and walked downstairs. Austin came over to me and started singing, "Do you wanna build a snowman?" I was laughing so hard. When he finished he walked upstairs to change. This was the perfect time to get my surprise ready. I set up everything then I heard Austin walking down the stairs. "Surprise!" I yelled. His mouth was wide open. He ran over to me and gave me a hug. "Oh my god Carter! Thank you so much!" He said. I had a bunch of skittles set up an a big sign that said happy anniversary. He ran over to the skittles and ate an entire bag in like 2 minutes then he grabbed another one. "It's like you've never seen skittles before." I said and chuckled.

*morning*

"Good morning, lovely." Austin said. "Good morning. When is Michele bringing Alaina back? I miss her." I said. "Alex is bringing her in about 5 minutes." Austin said checking his texts. "Yay!" I said then got out of bed. 5 minutes later Alex came with Alaina in his arms. "Yay!" I said and ran over to him and grabbed her. "Hey Alaina." I said in a baby voice and she smiled. Austin walked over and took her out of my arms. "Did ya miss me?" He said to Alaina and she smiled again. "I knew it." He said and went to go set her by her toys. "How ya doing little sis?" Alex said. "Good." I said. "So did Austin do that thing yesterday?" He asked. "This?" I said and showed him my ring. "Yes." He said. "I'm so happy for you even though I always thought I would get married before you but I'm happy for you." Alex said and gave me a hug. We walked over to Austin and Alaina and sat down. "So when do you wanna tell your mom about the wedding?" I said. "Today?" He said. "Sure. But when are we gonna have the wedding?" I asked. "Maybe 2 or 3 weeks from now if that's okay with you." He said. "Sounds great."

*2 hours later*

"Carter let's go!" Austin yelled from downstairs. "Coming!" I said and grabbed my phone and walked downstairs. Austin was standing there with Alaina in her car seat. "Ready?" He asked. "Yeah." I said and we walked to the car. We were going to Michele's to tell her about the engagement. The car ride was silent but not an awkward silence a good silence. We got to Michele's and walked inside. "Hey Carter honey!" He said and walked over to give me a hug. "Hey!" I said. "Hey Austin hi Alaina." She said. "We have to tell you something." Austin said with a smile. "You're not pregnant again are you?" She asked. "No." I said and we walked over to the couch. I'm so worried for her reaction I hope she'll be okay with it. Austin grabbed my hands. My hands were shaking so much and I guess Austin noticed because he gave them a little squeeze. "Ok so... Carter and I are getting married." Austin said and Michele frowned. "Oh Austin.." She said. "What?" He asked worriedly. "I just don't want you to rush into anything." She said. "We aren't, mom. I'm really happy with Carter and I want to spend the rest of my life with her." Austin said. "Ok..." She said. She obviously doesn't like the idea of us getting married but I really want to do this. "Ok well you guys want to stay for dinner? I'm making homemade pizza." She said. "Yeah that would be nice." I said. Michele walked away and Austin turned to me. "She doesn't like the idea of us getting married." He said. "I know but it's okay. I still wanna do this." I said and kissed his cheek. I walked over to Michele. "Do you need any help?" I asked. "Yeah, can you put the cheese on the pizza?" She asked. "Sure." I said and grabbed the cheese she handed to me. I took and handful and scattered it around. "Thanks hun." She said and I put some plates on the table. I really hope Michele is gonna start to be okay with this because we're doing this no matter what.

A/n Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've had writers block so this is kinda a boring chapter. Comment and vote!