#4: Enter My Classmates

"PAN WEIBO! NIU NAI! WANG RENFU! CAN YOU THREE CONCENTRATE ON OUR DISCUSSION AND STOP OOGLING AT PRETTY GIRLS FOR A MOMENT! WE'RE NEVER GONNA FINISH OUR ASSIGNMENT AND ARE ALL GONNA FAIL AT THIS RATE WE'RE GOING!" I shouted angrily at the trio.

The trio. My classmates in my Media and Culture Analysis class.

Weibo, a smooth-talker, and self-proclaimed ladies-man, well-built and ALWAYS in expensive tailored threads.

Niu Nai, a Bugs Bunny teeth cutsy with short spiky hair dyed blonde, ALWAYS in hip-hop streetwear.

Zax Wang Renfu, a very strong conversationalist, and discussion-deterrent, with slightly effeminate features, light brown dyed hair, smaller build than the other two.

"... ... ..."

"NAI... ... BO... ... FU... ...!!!!" I screamed at the top of my voice.

"Ok, ok ok.... Don't call us that ok!!"

Immediately the trio coherently stretched to cover my mouth from shouting the phrase again.

Ha ha...

The trio hated it when I combined their names and made the phrase sound like they were like middle-aged men!! And it was my secret weapon against them whenever things got too out of hand.

"... you're REALLY terrible... so not demure and sweet like other girls... ALWAYS screaming and screaming... ..." Niu Nai commented.

"Yeah... you're NEVER gonna get a boyfriend if you continue like this... okay... guys don't like rowdy screaming girls... that are independent and strong-willed...so not sweet... guys like SWEET girls okay?? Like your cousin Ting...such a sweet and nice girl..." Weibo added.

"Yup...SWEET ... S.W.E.E.T... ..." Zax echoed.

"OK OK I get it OK? So what? I'm like this since the first day I was born. If the guy can't take me as I am, then I might as well don't have a boyfriend. It's not as if girls can't do without a guy nowadays. We're independent women! We don't need guys to survive!" I butted angrily and matter-of-factly.

But emotionally, I was feeling the totality of their words.

I was upset.

But I forced myself to hide it all away...

"Ok... now that your attention's back. We can continue our discussion..." I continued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the hostel...

*Knock Knock*

"Who is it?" I asked.

"... ..."

"Who is it?" I asked again.

"... ..."

Curious, I went to the door and peeped through the eye-hole.

There was nobody at the door.

Thinking that it was probably some prankster playing a joke on me, I got back to my work.

But the knocking came again. This time there was still nothing at the door when I looked through the eye-hole.

Frustrated, I opened the door...

There was seriously no one there.

I got out and looked around. But there was not a single soul in sight.

This time it felt a bit creepy. And I had an uneasy feeling.

I hurried back into my room.

But as I was turning around to pull the door close...