Chapter 3: Story of My Life

Yeah yeah yeah. I know the title. Don't judge me. It makes sense for this chapter SO QUIT YOUR COMPLAINING! And in all actuality I really don't like this song so. ON WITH THE STORY!

Young Justice 3rd Person
Meagan landed the bio-ship and everyone got off. Robin picked Danny up who was sound asleep in his arms. He walked out of the ship and back to the medical bay. Superboy and Kid Flash were following close behind. The other team members watched silently from behind before walking to the living room area of the base.

"So, what's the deal with this boy?" Kid Flash asked when they reached the medical bay. He took off his mask and looked at the pale, scrawny, white haired boy that laid on the bed.

"Well, as it turns out, he's...he's my younger brother." Robin said. Wally's mouth dropped open in shock while Superboy raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"Wait YOU HAVE A BROTHER?!" Wally shouted. Robin hit him in the back of the head making Wally cry out in pain.

"Shut up! Are you trying to tell the others?!" Robin said annoyed.

"You aren't going to tell them?" Superboy asked.

"I will tell them. I just want to wait until Danny wakes up. I don't want him to feel overwhelmed so can you guys wait in the living room?" Robin asked. Wally nodded his head and left, Superboy stood for a moment looking at Danny, before he too turned and walked out of the door. Robin turned back towards the bed to see Danny's face scrunched up in pain or fear. He started squirming again and mumbling incoherent words.

'Oh god, he's having a nightmare.' Robin thought. He quickly walked over to his thrashing brother.

"Danny! Danny wake up it's a dream!" Robin said as he began shaking Danny in an effort to wake him up. Danny's eyes shot open glowing green and almost hit Robin with an ectoblast.

"W-Where am I?! W-What's going on?!" Danny yelled fearfully. Robin took his mask off again and held Danny's arms down making him look directly at him.

"Danny, look at me. Your safe it's ok. No ones gonna hurt you here." Dick said to him calmly. Danny's breath hitched as he stared into his brothers deep blue eyes.

"I-is that, is that really you Dick?" Danny said as tears pooled in his eyes. Dick nodded his head with a smile playing on his lips. Danny let the tears fall and he pulled his older brother in for a hug. Dick hesitated for a second before he wrapped his arms tightly around Danny.

"Oh my god Danny, I've missed you so much. I tried to find you, I really did but-"

"It's ok. I'm sorry I almost forgot you. I would have if Jack and Maddie hadn't told me about you." Danny said softly.

"Jack and Maddie?" Dick said as he pulled away from the hug. He pulled a chair up to the side of Danny's bed and sat down. "Who are they?" he asked.

"They're...they...they're my stepparents." Danny said after a few moments. Dick noticed his grip on the sheets of his bed tighten.

"What did they do to you?" he asked deadly calm. Danny looked up at him then back down at the sheets. His white hair overshadowed his face.

"Did you see the scars?" Danny asked quietly. Dick blinked his eyes.

"No. What scars Danny?" He asked. Danny flinched at the mention of his scars, but he stood up on shaky feet and removed his ratty shirt that was covered in dirt and blood. When he pulled it over his head, he heard his brother gasp and stand up.

"Ugly isn't it?" Danny said, a few stray tears slipping down his face. He hated his scars, he hated Jack and Maddie, and he hated the GIW. He put his ratty shirt back on so he could hide the scars.