CARLOTTA-M

Carlotta-M
Thanks again for the wonderful interview! I absolutely loved the description in your answers!
________________________________
PART 1: Questions about your books

1) What books have you written?
The Night Fire, The Darkness that Wanted to Fly, The Encroacher's Trilogy: Dystopia, I Am a Hacker, Colour Blind, Rise of Pathens, The Wattpad Life (Advice from an average wattpader).

2) How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

3 unfinished, 2 unpublished

3) What is your favorite of them?

The Darkness that Wanted to Fly

4) Can you tell us a little bit about it?

It's about a 17 year old who has nightmares every fortnight of flying and falling. The only way to cope with the fear is to go to Angexo and train to face the fear and take a penultimate test to prove her success!

5) What was your hardest scene to write in your favorite book? ( Super small spolier )

To be honest, writing the scene with the 7 archangels was challenging as I never like to challenge religion or I may accidentally make a mistake even if I have researched thoroughly if that makes sense?
(It does make sense 😂)

PART 2: Questions about how long it takes you to write and problems you face
1) Do you read your book reviews and how do you deal with the good and bad ones?

Whenever I get positive feedback I always sit and smile to myself because I honestly can't believe people are enjoying what I write! I like responding to comments expressing my gratitude or with discussion of the chapter.  Whenever I get negative feedback it always stings a little but I try to remember that not everything pleases everyone and it just means I can make improvement! I like to think of it as 'constructive criticism'.

2) How many hours do you spend writing? Does writing energize or exhaust you?

To be honest I don't spend very long writing, probably about 5-10 minutes on a chapter. I go through long periods of writers block and I slowly piece ideas together to write them all at once. Writing energizes me.

3) How long on average does it take you to write a whole finished book?

To write a whole finished book it probably takes a year with procrastination and editing!

4) Do you let the book stew - leave it for a month and then come back to it to edit?

Oh yes, I admit to leaving a book for month! I don't mean to, I just run out of ideas quite quickly!

5) What is the hardest and easiest thing about writing?

The hardest thing I find is trying to please everyone, knowing what people like and dislike. This is through the ratio of likes and reads (I'm aware it's not about the likes but I find it as a sign of significance if readers have enjoyed the chapter!). The easiest thing is describing the situations and emotions of characters.

PART 3: Some deep questions about your books.
1) What is your favorite genre to write and why?

My favourite genre to write in is Teen Fiction because as I am a teen myself I can easily relate to the character and hopefully my readers will be able to relate if they have been/ are of / around that age.

2) How do you select the names of your characters?

Choosing names for my characters is my favourite thing to do because I research a word relating to a character trait- for example 'Allora' means brave.

3) Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?

No, I've actually never thought to do that!

4) Do you think someone could be a writer if they don't feel emotions strongly?

I believe that anyone can be a writer, all they need is an ambition to write!

5) If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?

Don't write about magic trees that talk to you. That's odd.

6) What other wattpad authors are you friends with, and how do they help you become a better writer?

Kyyu3099 is a really good friend of mine on Wattpad! She comments and likes on every chapter and inspires me to write even though I procrastinate a lot! She offers me help when I have writer's block. Her books are well worth a read which are all so amazing!

Kyyu3099

PART 4: Some general questions.
1) Who is your favorite wattpad author and which of his/her is your favorite book?

Kyyu3099 is also my favourite author because her chapters are so vivid, the characterisation is brilliant and the world she creates are fantastic!

2) Who is your favorite published author and which of his/her is your favorite book?

My favourite published author is Phillip Pullman and I particularly love The Amber Spyglass.

3) Is there a published book you are currently reading?

I'm currently reading Othello for A Level English Literature- the Shakespearean is a little challenging!!

4) Do you proofread/edit all your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?

I proofread and edit my own books.

5) Tell us about the cover(s) and how it / they came about. Who designed your book cover(s)?

I mainly use Wattpad Covers for my covers because it is a simple app to use, you can find a lot of images related to your books and there is a wide range of typography to choose from!