Chapter 2: Deep Thinking

Chapter Two; Deep Thinking

"It's awake!" Don finally announced in the middle of the night. It hadn't woken up earlier today.

"Don, don't push me. I'm in a bad mood."

"Sorry."

Me, Don, and Dwayne rushed swiftly down the hall. A5, a simpler model robot, though an asset to us for his knowledge in science, stood over the human while writing something down on a piece of electro-paper.

It had been strapped down to the metal table by its right wrist and its ankles.

"Who's dumb idea was that?" I said with a tinge of anger. It may be ruthless, humans were, but it doesn't deserve that. Does it?

"My idea." Dwayne butted in, pushing me aside as he came thru the door.

"It's dangerous, what if it would of woken up without us in here, what do you think it would do?"

I couldn't argue with that. He had a point.

"Where am I?" It said it so softly I could barely hear him, we all stopped talking.

It tried to open its eyes, but the bright incandescent lights above caused it to squeeze its eyes closed tight, and turn its head to the side.

"Where am I??? " It spoke a little louder.

"Who are you?" I said walking towards it.

"Tell me where I am first."

Don sat down beside it, he had a look on his face, as if it confused him, almost like he had an urge to poke it. He spoke quietly. "You're in Origin."

"No shit, where in Origin?"

I spoke loudly and violently.

"None of your business, now, you're going to tell us who you are, where you come from, and if there are more of you."

"No way, no way in hell."

"Okay then," I said picking up a knife,

"Tell me or perish."

"Kill me." It said, its voice cracking.

"Kill me! Go on! Do it! You monsters don't think, you're nothing, you're brainless, nuts and bolts!"

No one spoke. It started to say something, but stopped, then opened its eyes and noticed its binds.

"So then, we kill you?" Dwayne asked, almost smiling.

It matched Dwayne's amusement. "Sure, have at it, hey, cut my other arm off while your at it, stupid freaking-" It smiled. It was odd, defiant. And as it spoke I noticed an accent. It was British.

I spoke swiftly.

"We didn't remove your left bionic arm. It was that way when we found you, a couple miles away from here."

"I wish I were sitting up so I could spit on all of you." He said looking up at us.

Dwayne laughed and walked out of the room. "Come find me if you decide to kill it." He said as he walked away.

"Let it be, let it think. Don't feed it either." I coaxed Don out of the room and turned to A5.

"Don't feed it, heal it, anything, just watch it, very closely."

As I walked out of the room it spoke to me.

"I'm not an 'it' you idiot."