Late

Olivia and I spent the next week lounging around the house together.

I didn't know it was humanly possible to have that much sex.

10 times in a day. And that's an estimation.

But we're trying to get pregnant. Neither of us want to wait to have a baby.

We've been back at work for three weeks.

Olivia's been acting weird all day. I don't know what it is.

"I'm gonna need everyone to stay tonight. We got a lead on the Myer case." Cragen says.

We all nod our heads, used to it by now.

Olivia motions for me to follow her and we walk upstairs and go into the cribs.

I shut the door and look at my wife. She's chewing on her lower lip.

"El, I don't want you to get excited, or get your hopes up about anything." She says, "But, I'm late."

"You're late?" I ask in confusion, "Liv what are you talking about?"

"Really?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

Oh my god. I'm an idiot

"Liv..." I say, pulling her into my arms, "We're having a baby."

"Elliot, I told you not to get your hopes up." She says groaning.

"How late?" I ask.

"A week, week and a half." She says, biting her lip. "But I don't want you to get your hopes up."

"We're having a baby..." I say with a grin.

She smiles softly.

"El..." She says quietly.

"I know." I say, "Don't get my hopes up."

"I just... I didn't think anything of it until this morning." She says, "And I wanted to grab a test on the way home..."

"I get it, baby." I say, kissing her forehead.

"I just want to know for sure." She says.

"I can go get a test right now." I say.

"Honey, we're at work." She says.

"I'll make a dinner run and stop on the way back." I say.

"Okay, yeah." She says, running a hand through her hair. "Just, be back soon."

We both go back downstairs, and I take everyone's dinner order, to my annoyance. But the only way I can get out of here without three thousand questions is by making the dinner run even though it isn't my turn.

And I have to know.

I sit in the Italian restaurant waiting for our food drumming my fingers on the table, bouncing my leg up and down. It's got to have been twenty minutes already.

And yet as I look down at my watch I realize it's only been five minutes.

The man hands me our food and I quickly get into my car, driving to the nearest bodega.

I grab a box of pregnancy tests off the shelf and as I hand it to the guy looks me up and down.

"You good, Detective Stabler?" He asks.

My hand moves back to my gun, not recognizing him.

"It's Sam Evans," He says, "Relax a little, you're making me nervous."

Sam Evans. He testified in a case against his abusive father after he nearly killed his mother.

"Sorry Sam, guess I'm a little nervous." I say, rubbing my sweaty palms on my slacks.