Happiness

Your happiness shouldn't be determined by what you're facing or the people around you. The size of your problem depends on how much you emphasize on it.

I'm very happy when I'm around my friends and my family but the key to my happiness isn't in their hands.

It's normal that they could be one of the reasons you are happy or have a smile on your face but your joy or the key to your happiness shouldn't be in their hands, not at all....

Your joy shouldn't be placed in the hands of people of this world, cause they can fail you, they can hurt you whether or not they have or had the intention of doing so.

Sometimes they can't help it and then when you place your joy in their hands and they do something or say something that you don't like, it could ruin your whole day or break you.

It's the bitter truth.

So put your trust and happiness in someone or something you are 100% sure can't fail you.

I put the key to my happiness in God and trust me when people fail me or do things that could make me sad, I just turn to Him, I talk to Him so I don't get mad or so I don't fall into depression...

So today seize to gain your happiness from people and even from yourself.

As a writer you obviously find happiness in the amount of votes or reads you get but putting your whole happiness in it might not be the best choice.

Putting my whole happiness in the amount of votes I got on my story was something I used to do but discovering the reality that my happiness would have boundaries if that continued, I decided not to care because I realised writing was something I loved doing and if it wasn't appreciated like I wanted it to be then there's no big deal as long as I'm doing what I love doing.

Admit it! You sometimes do things you don't want to do and end up regretting it, getting worked up and so angry about it. Sometimes you regret things you don't do and wish you could go back in time to do it. Or that moment where the person you like so much finally notices you exist and decides to talk to you and in that very moment, you get tongue tied. That could be very embarrassing which could make you feel bad but it's not something to get worked up over.

You are human, it happens.

Never forget that.

So start today to stop giving humans like yourself or situations around you the key to your happiness.

Love
_beccah_