Chapter 10: Admitting

Tris

I looked into his stunning blue eyes. "You are beautiful". He whispered. At that moment, I believed him. I kissed him hard and he walked slowly, bringing me with him. The way he was acting right now made me feel beautiful, wanted, loved. His blue eyes connected with mine for a split second but closed his eyes and leaned down to kiss me.

Tobias

I leaned down to kiss her. The look in her eyes, the gray storm, seemed to pull me toward her. I turned and lay down on the covers. She turned onto my side and closed her eyes. I watched her, slowly fall asleep, her breath slowing to a steady pace.

When I woke up, Tris was already awake. I got out of bed and fumbled for my shirt.  when I walked into the kitchen I found Tris at the stove, her gray tank top replaced by a black shirt. Something sizzles and I walk behind her, looking over her shoulder to see what's cooking. "I could have made breakfast" I whispered. She laughed. "Tobias and fire, not a great combination". She turned around and smiled at me. I leaned down to kiss her but she walked out of my arms and into the living room. She had shut off the stove and left a plate of food for me. I grabbed it and followed her to the couch. I sat down with a sigh. "I don't want to go train those initiates. Especially Kyle. He doesn't deserve it". "Or that girl who always watches you" Tris said, an edge to her voice.  I laughed and took another bite.