Welcome.

After about 2 days of a missing Haymitch and a silent Porter we pulled into the Capitol. I walked over to the window as we were comming to a hault. Porter joined me and we stared at the wavving capitol people. I smiled and gave a faint wave back. Effie shovved us into the gold-plated dinning room and began talking about our schdule. Effie was wearing a gold incrested dress that fell down to her knees and gold shoes and gold hair. I looked closely at it wondering if it was a wig. I glanced away and looked down at my hand Porter had slipped a note.

Jade can we talk......alone on the roof later? Im a little curious on what your parents told you aboout the games......Well I guess thats all....- Porter.

                I glanced at Porter he was slowly chewing on some chicken plum stew. He caught my gaze. I nodded. He shook his head and quickly ate. I grabbed a bisscut and glazzed some butter on it and began to chew. "Well look what the, um moter drug in." Effie tried to sound as nice as possible. Haymitch stumbbled in and fell into a chair. "We're out of liquior." His breath reaked of white liquior and tuna- most likely from the Tuna-poruarde. His teeth were shockingly white. Effie looked at if she were about to drown Haymitch in soap and place him in a tux, like he was her own personal monkey. I laughed to myself. Haymitch seemed totally buzzed, his eyes rolled in the back of his head and his head slammed into his plate of bissctus and gravey. Porter and I busted out laughing, Effie looked disgusted. "Haymitch! Thats repulsive!! Manners, where are you manners!!" Haymitchs' head twisted to the side so he could most likely look at Effie. "Effie you might maybe wanna shut up if you know whats good for you." Effies eyes widened as if they were about to blow up. "Haymitch thats very rude!" Haymitch heild up his hand, and began to count down. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Effie contunied to talk. Haymitch grabbed a hand full of lamb and plum stew, then threw it at Effie. Porter and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. Effie screamed. "Haymitch you did not just do that!" Haymitch looked pleased with himself. "Thats for having to listen to all you nagging for about 10 years." Effie scotted away from the table and ran to her room. "Smooth Haymitch."

"Don't go acting all angelic Jade. I know that you've killed more animals than Snow killed kids." I glared at Haymitch and grabbed the handle of my orange juice. Haymitch began again. "Your just like your mother but your too weak." I was getting tired of his contunious babbling. I gripped my handle tighter and flung its contents into Haymitch's face. "You little brat!" I scooted away from the table and ran into my room laughing. Porter followed cracking up. I slumped aganist my door, and tried to catch my breathe. Porter sat down next to me. "Hey Jade?"

"What?"

"Are you scared about Thursday?" I looked down for an answer. Yes?  Totally what about you? Not if your there? No? I bit down on my lip, until it hurt. "Ow." Porter looked into my eyes, sitll wanting an answer. "Yes, but if I'm going to die I want to make it as far as possible and know I did my best."  Porter nodded as if he understood. Porter grabbed my hand and slowly began to hold it. Effie came out of her room and stopped dead in her tracks. I yanked my hand away. "Well well what do we have here?"

"Nothing," I stated, "It was nothing." I stood up and followed Effie into the kitchen. Haymitch was drinking the rest of his coffe. "Got anything to say sweetheart?" I gave a smug smile. "Nope, what about you?" He smiled and took another sip.

 Effie shovved us all off the train and into a huge gold and granite building. Effie was telling Porter and Me all about how the traning was supposed to work out. 3 full days of traning. 6 hours a day. Effie pushed the elevator button and began to wait. Haymitch pulled me off into the corner. "Look Jade what you pulled earlier was risky, you dont know what I would have done. That means your willing to do anything to stay alive. Use that in the game." I nodded and walked over to Porter and Effie. The glass elevator doors slid gracefully open.

I walked into the elevator as Effie was clearing her throat to talk. "Jade and Porter when we get to the 12th floor I'm going to take you two to your rooms so you can clean up. We want your desing team to do as little as possible to your body...."  We nodded, the slender elevator shot up. I looked at all the rooms we passed. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. The doors opened and Effie walked into the room humming. It was beautiful really it was. The gold plated furniture a shinning silver. It was so diffrent from most of the homes in 12. Effie showed Porter and me to our rooms. I rubbed my hands along the velvet quilt. This is where my mother slept. The thought of her made my eyes sting. I walked into the bathroom. All the diffrent types of soap and smells over-wellmed my senses. I chose lavender, and the water shot on. I yanked off my dress and hobbled into the shower. The warm water washed over my body. Lavender began to fill my head with beautiful purple flower images. I thought of how my father could silence a room with one stroke of a brush. I slid down the wall of the shower and began to cry. It was the first time I actually cried by myself since the reaping. It felt........good. I wipped my eyes and shut off the shower. I dried myself off and walked into the closet and yanked on a silky dress. I braided my hair and went into the living room. Effie and Porter and Haymitch were on the couch watching the past Hunger games. My mother was running around the meadow looking for Rue. I watched as she ripped the net off if Rue's body. I saw her face realx. You could tell she truly loved Rue. Rue was her Prim. I sat on the couch and watched as my mother shot the boy who had killed Rue. I wasnt watching anymore..I was living what was happening to my mother. I listened to my mother as she sang to Rue. Rue shead a tear then just stopped moving....I knew my mother wasnt going to be able to ever forget what happened that day. It was just like when Prim was killed at the capital. Her little duck was now in a bigger pond. I looked away from the T.V. I couldnt watch my mother anymore. It was too painful. I walked to my room and lay upon my bed. I knew I could win...but only if I tried, I knew that 24 went in and only 2 could come out. They changed the rule from 1-2 because of my mother..they didnt want another revloution. I actually thought it was funny that the rebels were scared of rebels..