Origin Part 1: Chapter 7- Diablo

The night was clear and the moon was at its fullest potential. Through the mountains and the hillside beside the little village, Horatio and his comrades went through the pitch-dark night to reach a ranch known for the bovines that live there. One of those bovines, however, was rather notorious for his aggressive behavior and his terrifying strength to kill. This bull was known only as Diablo. Because of Diablo, many people challenged themselves to run away from the bull. However, many have died from such actions and people urge others not to do this foolish and cruel action. 

"Horatio, there is a high chance you are going to die," Cornelius protested, "You know that, right?" 

"Relax, Cornelius!" Horatio shushed his friend, "I've always wanted to run with Diablo!" 

"Just because you want to run with Diablo doesn't mean that there aren't any consequences that might as well happen! Do you know how many people died doing this, Hora---"

"Shhhhh, Cornelius my friendo. You don't want to disturb Diablo, don't you?" 

Alfwin began to hop and point towards somewhere in the hilly pasture. Cornelius and Horatio looked at the little man to see where he was pointing. 

"Diablo is right over there!" Alfwin said, pointing to a sleeping bull in the distance. 

Diablo napped rather peacefully in the distance. Any sort of disturbance could awaken the beast and unleash its fury upon someone. Horatio was rather surprised to see something mentioned as very aggressive looked so passive. But there is still hints of this monster inside of Diablo.

"Diablo looks scarier than what I hear about him!" Horatio said, 

"If you're so scared of Diablo," Alfwin asked, "Why do you want to do this in the first place?" 

"Oh, Alfwin, that's silly! I am not scared of such a monster! My ancestor killed a wyvern for crying out loud!" 

"Make him proud, Horatio!" 

"Oh, I will, my friend. With such bravery to come close to this monster will impress my ancestor who is watching me from the heavens above, and I will make it out alive!" 

Horatio's bragging can be heard throughout the ranch. The beast has awakened from the sound of the one who challenges it. With a loud snort, the beast rose up from his slumber and roared for all of those to hear. Thundering hooves pounded the ground as he trampled over to the one who was closest to it, which was indeed Horatio. This meant that Horatio had to do nothing but run for his dear life as Alfwin and Cornelius watched helplessly. 

For a while, Horatio ran as fast as he could away from the enraged beast. However, Diablo was very close to the young man that challenged to run from this beast. Eventually, Horatio no longer had the breath to run any longer and stopped. This was a rather foolish choice for one to take when running from this monster. 

Diablo rammed Horatio with its mighty horns and sent him flying up in the air. He then landed on the ground, breaking mostly a leg and some ribs. Blood dripped out of his mouth from some teeth that fell out from the impact. Diablo wasn't finished with his fury just yet. 

As Horatio struggled to get back up on his feet, a painful force was felt on Horatio's back. His spine and his lungs were crushed by one hoof from the monster he startled. You can easily hear the cracking of his rib cage and his spine. This very moment was the last moment Horatio took a breath of the crisp air of the ranch, and perhaps of the Earth.

As Diablo departed, Alfwin and Cornelius slowly approached the body of their fallen comrade. Even more blood spilled from his mouth, which was a sign of the worst that has happened. 

"Alfwin, I'm afraid Horatio is a goner." Cornelius proclaimed as he picked up the body of his fallen childhood friend. Alfwin began to uncontrollably sob, hiding his tears with his hands. 

"Horatio, I'm so sorry I let you do this to yourself. I tried my best to stop you, but you refused. Now I really know how your father truly feels about you, my friend. Come, Alfwin. We must tell Horatio's father at the strike of dawn." 

In the morning, Cornelius carried his fallen comrade to what was once his home. Alfwin knocked on the door as loud as he could so the Wizard could hear it. 

Upon the door opening, the Wizard saw that Horatio was no longer a being who lived and breathed, but one whose soul has reached the skies above. He was truly taken aback that out of nowhere, his only son has perished. 

"How could I do this...?" the Wizard said, "How could I let this happen?"

"I tried to stop him, sir." Cornelius said, "But Horatio couldn't budge a bit. Please, it was not all my fault." 

"I understand, Cornelius. Come, Horatio must remain in his bedroom." 

The three went up to Horatio's bedroom and laid him there. They all mourned at the one who fell from a monster at such a young, tender age. There was so much potential Horatio could have had, be it to become what he really wanted or to listen to his father and become a wizard like he was supposed to. 

In the Almanac, the countries sensed that Horatio was no longer in this world and has perished. England was the only one to shed tears for the young lad, as Prussia and Austria had no tears to shed but lay their condolences to a father who raised the boy who was about to become a man. 

All because of this incident with Horatio, the Almanac was abandoned and remained closed, so the Wizard wouldn't be reminded about the sudden death of his son.

For the rest of the Wizard's days, he wore a black cloak to show that there is many signs of regret within him, and to mourn for the rest of his days.

Just only a few days after Horatio's death, the Wizard passes away from his old age. These two were the last descendants of Arne the Wise, and perhaps the last known wizards of the land. 

The two are buried next to each other, along with the Wizard's wife who passed right after the birth of Horatio. You might as well see them in the heavens, all together, happy, and living how they lived on Earth. 

As for the Almanac itself, it actually grew as time flew by. The birth of new countries, major battles in warfare, and great movements stirred the pages of the Almanac. It was all thanks to the spell the Wizard once said to the first three countries he met: "Vita Allitera." However, it is unknown where the Almanc's whereabouts were. 

That is, until someone discovers it much, much later.