Chapter One

FILE 2183- ACCESS DENIED

Natasha's brow furrowed. It seemed that everyone she knew had read her file.

She was often greeted with "Agent Romanoff! Huge fan- I've read your file."

So why couldn't she access it?

Luckily, during her time as a KGB agent she had learned how to hack into S.H.I.E.L.D.

ACCESS GRANTED

The file read:

Natalia Alianova Romanova
Aliases: Natasha Romanoff, Natalie Rushman, Black Widow
Past Affiliations: KGB
Current Affiliations: Avengers, SHIELD
Parents: Unknown
Siblings: Alexei (Alex) Romanov

Her and her brother were orphaned in a fire, and taken in by Ivan Petrovich. They were both trained in the Red Room program, and thus Natalia became the Black Widow. She was involved in many assassinations, and attempted to kill Tony Stark. However, Clint Barton convinced her to join SHIELD after being sent to take her out. She joined SHIELD and later the Avengers Initiative.

There was more to the file, but Natasha stepped away from the computer, dumbfounded. A brother? Why did she not remember him?

After hours of researching how to recover lost memories, she found a device.

It was located in an HQ in Missouri. She sent a quick text to Fury and Maria, telling them she was going on vacation.

Then she packed for the flight.

--

The airport was crowded and packed, and the plane worse. She had never liked planes. Once, as a Russian spy she had to assassinate someone on one. The thought made her shudder.

The man next to her kept snoring, and there was a four year old child with a runny nose who kept spilling her crayons all over Natasha's bag.

She was eventually able to sleep through the flight, though.

Rain poured and she got soaked as she hailed a cab outside the airport.

"To the arch, please." It was about three miles from the HQ, but she would have to walk those because she was supposed to be a tourists, and taxi drivers often give weird looks when you tell them to drive you to an old warehouse.

The agent at the front desk asked with a raised eyebrow, "What are you here for?"

"The memory device."

"Is Fury okay with this?"

"Of course." She said, maintaining a voice of authority.

"Are you sure? Y'know what, I'm just going to call him."

Der'mo.

"Are you sure? Fury is in a press conference right now with every world leader and I'm fairly sure that if you, a low-level agent called him he would be pissed. And technically I'm a higher rank than you so I could fire you on the spot."

The agent stared as she walked past the desk and into one of the lab rooms.

The device looked like a MRI machine, just with different pieces of technology making it up.

She sighed, adjusting the knobs on it.

"This better work," she murmured, sliding into it and flipping the switch.

Then came the searing pain.

She bit her cheek due to the shock of it. It felt like electricity being fired through her body. Every bone ached. Her head felt like it was being split apart- but then it happened. A surge of memories washed over her.