Chapter 4

When Kate woke up, she was zip tied to a chair and gagged. She blinked a few times and saw that she wasn't alone. "Ah you're awake. Sorry my men had to get physical with you." The voice belong to a woman. Kate slowed her breathing and heart beat, while the gag was being removed. She resisted bitting the hand that took it off. "Who the hell are you and what do you want?" The woman clicked her tongue. "Watch your language, you ungrateful kid!!" She shouted. "Then untie me you bitch!!!" Kate shouted back. Just then she was shot in her left knee. Kate shouted in pain, then she started laughing when she saw the masked man before next to her. "I see ski mask grew some balls! But you, my dear, are a coward! Making someone else do your dirty work! Ha I laugh at you!!" She got shot in her right shoulder and pretended to pass out. When the woman and ski mask left, Kate reached for her pocket knife in her right boot. When she reached it, she used her teeth to cut one of the zip ties. Then when she got one of her hand free she went to the other. When she cut that one off, she reached for her small revolver in her left boot. Yes she did come prepared. She stood up, forgetting her knee injury, and fell to the ground. She got back up and limped over to the door, which she could see the bronze door knob though the darkness. Kate reached for the door handle but found she was locked inside. She then remembered she had bobby pins in her hair. She pulled two out and started to pick the lock. When she got the door unlocked, she opened it and looked outside. She didn't see anyone so she continued to walk. She knew that she was in some kind of office building. Kate still had her watch on, she noticed. "Crap, 7:00.... Late.... Imma kill that bitch." She said out loud. She reached an open reception area with a women at the front desk. Kate breathed out and turned the corner. "Let me see your hands!" She told the woman, who looked terrified. "Ok ok it's ok... Please I have a family." She begged. "Just show me the stairs, and I'm not going to shoot you." Kate aimed her gun at the ground. "Good." The woman put her hands down. "Cause I'll shoot you!" And pulled out a gun and shot Kate. She passed out before she hit the floor.

The next time Kate woke up was because of a consonant beeping, and muffled voices. Kate opened her eyes and saw that she was in a hospital with her uncle Aaron, dad and mom around her. She attempted to sit up "Jess?" She crooked. "Oh my baby girl!!!! What the hell happened to you?" Her mother asked, concerned, as she pushed Kate back down to the hospital bed. Kate told them everything from finding the guy in her apartment to just waking up. "... And that's all I remember..." Kate said looking from Jessica to Sean to Hotch. "Do you remember what the woman looked like?" Asked her uncle. "The one who shot me, yes. The other one, no. I don't know if they are the same woman. Does the hospital know who dropped me off?" Kate asked. "Honey you don't need this right now..." Said her father. "Daddy I'm fine!" She laughed. "What day is it? How long have I been out?" She asked looking around. Outside, it looked like spring, but when she was taken from her home it was mid February. "You were gone for almost a month... You showed up two weeks ago..." Aaron said looking at Kate. "Really...?" She said. "Damn... I didn't think it was that long..." She said looking at everyone's faces. "What?" Kate asked. Her mother spoke up. "Well dear you're taking this really well... We're all just surprised..." Kate rolled her eyes "mom, if it makes you feel better, I fought and fought... And I knew I wouldn't have died. I'm a fighter momma... And I'm fine." Just then her doctor walked in. "Hello Miss Brooks, I'm doctor Walker. It's nice to see you're awake!" she laughed. "Well I'm just glad to be here! So when can I leave?" Kate asked impatiently. "Well you just woke up... So a couple of days... You will have to use a sling and crutches. You did get shot three times and severely beaten... I'm surprised because all your going to have is bruising, and of course the gun shot wounds." He put up her X-rays and pointed to one "see your knee cap is shattered and so is your shoulder. So you'll need some help doing things..." Then her mom piped up "I'll do it." Kate looked at her mom "momma." She took her hand. "It's fine... I'll ask Penelope to do it... If that's cool with uncle Aaron." She looked at her uncle with puppy dog eyes, which they knew he couldn't say no to! "Not Garcia... I need her... I'll send Derek over when you get out..." Kate rolled her eyes "god don't make it sound like I'm getting out of jail!!" She smiled.

[A/N: So here's another update because I thought you guys needed it! Please keep on reading! I might upload tonight or this afternoon... Be on the look out!]