OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Right, so here it is; the first ever chapter of Out Of The Ordinary. It's my first post so I'd really love some feedback and if its vote worthy then please don't hesitate to hit the button to the right :)) This chapter is just to get a feel of the character, it will get better from her on out, promise. Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks x

TanakaRocks -

I’m mad, bonkers; completely of my head.

I never found out why, probably never will.

Too many apples... or maybe it was the monkeys? They’re out to take over the world you know? Them and the old people. Shudder. I hate to image a world run by them. Wrinkly monkeys; yuck! Millie doesn’t believe me, but that’s just because she’s in league with them. (Just so you know, Millie’s my sister. Younger by a year.... or was it two? Hmmm) she says that I'm mad; but we already know that.

My mum agrees with Millie, and my dad just smiled and nodded. ‘Cause my dad’s cool like that. Seriously, I'm sure he’s a ninja... or maybe a spy. Maybe he’s in league with them......

Nah, my dad would never cross over to the dark side; no matter how many cookies they have. Being on the good side comes with the name, and his name’s Bob; so he must be good. But then there’s my mum, and her names Lila; but that means.... oh crap, I had better keep an eye on her from now on.

I bet it was my sister who converted her. She’d always been particularly slimy. I remember the day my mum brought her home. There she was, all pink and squidgy. NEVER trust squidgy. Nothing good can come of it.

Unfortunately we didn’t get to mum on time; when I got to her she was smiling and making funny noises. Communicating with them I'm sure. It was a sad day. Luckily dad wasn’t sucked into that soul sucking cooperation. He looked at Millie, scrunched up his nose before saying something about her smelling funny. Then he made a face at me. Mum just laughed..... We haven’t seen the real her since.

She’s still like it now.

Just look at her, dancing round the kitchen with that dizzy look on her face. Probably casting some voodoo over my dinner. Probably communicating with them right now. And right under our noses; how dare she!

“Keira, phone!” I lunged for the downstairs handset from my seat at the kitchen table.

“I’m going to miss you!” I cringed at the screech my best friend – Lara – had attacked me with. Don’t worry she’s safe, just way too excited. Unfortunately, for her own safety, she doesn’t know anything about them.

“I'm going to miss you too, you psychotic weirdo.” I said, and then she launched into an incomprehensible speech; probably about how awesome I am. Or maybe about cheese.... don’t ask. I’d never know, her voice was far too high pitched and travelling at such a high speed; the words were meaningless on my human ears.

Oh! Didn’t I tell you? Lara’s a mermaid! I know right, how awesome. Of course she denied it when questioned on the matter. But I'm putting that down to government secrecy. Maybe dad knows....

“Dinner, Keira.” I scowled down at the plate of what can only be described as greyish mush.

“Lara, I’ve gota go; may the mushrooms be with you!” I hung up and placed the phone down before carefully poking the “food” with my spoon. It looked relatively voodoo free, nothing green and bubbly; but that didn’t mean it was safe. “Speak to me,” I whispered. “Tell me your secretes.” Nothing moved so I took that as a sign that it wasn’t spelled. But that didn’t mean it wasn’t poisoned! “What are you?” I whispered again as I poked with my spoon.