•twenty seven•

KISSES 'N STUFF_

KISSES 'N STUFF
_

Jared fiddled nervously with his fingers as he rang the doorbell to Lizzie's apartment, running a hand through his hair for what felt like the millionth time. He could not have been more nervous. What if he said something stupid? Or what if he was too eager and she thought he looked desperate? Can you look desperate when you're already dating? What if-

He was brought away from his thoughts when Lizzie opened the door and stepped out. She looked stunning. Her light brown curls fell flawlessly around her shoulders and framed her bright blue eyes perfectly. She was dressed in a long, flowing magenta colored dress that made her gorgeous hues pop even more. Her shoulders were covered by a light grey sweater and a long, gold colored locket hung from her neck. To say the least, he was mystified.

"Hi," Lizzie greeted with a smile, hanging her black purse from her shoulder. She took him in, and her smile widened. "Don't you look handsome."

"M-Me?" Jared choked out, a bright smile coming onto his face. "Lizzie, you...you look amazing." He complimented, making her flush slightly. She smiled at him.

"Thanks." She grinned. "So, where are we going?"

"Well, I can't tell you, you told me to surprise you, remember?" Jared smiled, offering her his arm.

Lizzie smirked, linking her arm with his. "Dork."

"Cutie."

***

Lizzie threw her head back and laughed at Jared's story, clamping a hand over her mouth to muffle it so she wouldn't earn stares from other people in the restaurant - which, just so happened to be her favorite. "You didn't!"

"I did," Jared chuckled. "Apparently I thought I was a stunt double and when I tried to flip I landed right on my arm. It sucked." He grinned.

"Oh my God, Jay," Lizzie laughed, placing a hand on her chest to catch her breath. "I'd really appreciate it of you tried not to die." She teased.

Jared laughed, tipping his head to the side. "Did you call me Jay?" He asked, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Lizzie raised her eyebrows. "Uh, yeah? Is that okay?" She asked, biting her lip.

"Oh, yeah! Of course it's okay. I like it. It's cute coming from you," Jared smiled, sipping on his ice water.

Lizzie felt the blood rush to her cheeks and she smiled, trying to hide behind her dark curls. "Thank you."

"Oh my, Elizabeth, are you blushing?" Jared grinned.

"Hey, you started it!"

"What are you, five?"