To Cover up the Bruises Chapter 2

Here is chapter two {:

"Kenzi, pay attention." Mrs.Jenkins scolded me, causing me to look up at her.  

"Okay." I whispered, pretending to take down the notes, while I was really writing a note to send to my brother.

Dear Jake, it read. 

Could I please come stay with you for the summer? Dad hasn't gotten any better. I need to get out of here. 

Love, Kenzi

I silently tucked it away in my binder, and looked up at Mrs.Jenkins, who was now looming over me. "Would you like to share with the class, Kenzi?" She asked, staring down at me with her dead, black eyes. 

"No." 

"Well, okay. Office, then." She replied, dismissing me with a wave of her hand.

I gathered all my belongings in my arms, and limped out the door, trying not to catch the glares engraved on the faces my peers. I sauntered down the hallway, passing Ana's classroom.

I peeked in the door, and got a glimpse of her, sitting silently in the back of the room. When she saw me, she shifted her gaze to outside the window, not even bothering to make eye-contact with me. I saw the dreaded door of the office up ahead, and let out a sigh.

"I was expecting you, Kenzi." I heard Mr.Kennedy, our principal, say gruffly as I passed the window and turned into the office. 

"Uh huh." I muttered, and sat down in the chair opposite of him. "Calling my dad?" 

"Not this time." He told me, his beady brown eyes settling on the faint bruise on my cheek."What happened?" 

"Oh, that?" I asked, surprised. "I fell." 

"Clumsy, are you? I thought you were really athletic." He pried, trying to get my to reveal something. 

I shook my head, and he shrugged his surrender. "Well, okay. So what did you do this time?" 

"Nothing." I said, fixing my eyes on a picture of him, his wife, and his children on Myrtle Beach. I wish I had those type of memories. 

"Oh, really? Then why are you here?"  

"Mrs.Jenkins hates me." 

He nodded, and fixed his glasses on his face. I stared back at myself in the glare of his glasses, and gave him(me) a weak smile. 

"Well, you either have to stay here and call your father, or go to in-house." He told me, as if it was all new to me. 

"Call." I gulped, reaching for his phone. I dialed his number, and he picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" 

"Dad? Come get me." I said. 

"McKenzey?" He asked."Is that you?" 

"Yes." I replied,annoyed. 

"Coming. You better explain,though, McKenzey." 

"Yeah." I muttered, and slammed the phone down.

"All done." I told Mr.Kennedy. "Is our conversation over now?" 

"Yes." He replied, pointing to the seat next to the door.

I sat down, and crossed my legs. My dad should be there soon. Ten minutes passed, and he wasn't there.

20 minutes.

I nervously glanced at Mr.Kennedy, who was doing paperwork. He didn't seem to notice.

50 minutes.

Still nothing, and Mr.Kennedy had left the room to go get coffee. I eased myself out of the chair, and creaked open the door as silently as possible. I eyed the main entrance, and tiptoed to it as carefully as possible.

1 step.

2 steps.

3 steps.

5 steps.

8 steps.

I was there.

I opened the door, and was met by a gust of undeniably cold wind. The sun shone down on me, and I eagerly moved to the side of the brick building. It was now or never.

I chose now.

I made sure the cars in the parking lot were vacant, as was the parking lot itself, and sprinted to the deserted highway in front of the Middle School. Then, I disappeared out of view of the road into the forest. Flocks of birds chirped in surprise at my arrival, and flew up and out of the forest. I continued running until I hit the bus station. I looked around anxiously for a taxi, and found that there was only one.

Without a driver.

I walked into the building that was cleverly placed beside the station, and found an employee.

"Sir, is the taxi out front in use?" I asked, politely, batting my eyelashes at him as I had seen women do in movies before. 

"Yeah," He slurred. "Bob's over there. The driver. Go pay him."

Shit, I have no money.

"But I don't have money,Sir. Can you lend me some? I only need to go to market to get my mother some," I brought his head close to mine. "tampons, and she gave me no money. When I come back I'll repay you." I lied. 

A sly grin spread over his face, and he surveyed my body. Every muscle in my body tensed."How 'bout you let me kiss you? That would be enough payment for me. In the back room." He bargained, his hand locking onto my bruised wrist. 

"Okay." I said, innocently, following him into the storage room behind the counter.

He sat up on the table, and motioned for me to come over. I went, knowing it was wrong.

He picked me up, and placed me on his lap, the bulge in his jeans throbbing in anticipation worried me.

As he pulled me into a rough embrace, I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing along. He crushed his lips to mine, and his tongue pushed through my lips, into my mouth. I let it go on for about a minute, before pulling away.

"Sir, you said a kiss. May I have money now?" I asked him. 

Reluctantly, he sighed and pulled fifty dollars out of his pocket. "Enough?"  

I nodded, and slid off his lap. I strolled out of the storage as easily as I had entered, and walked over to the man called Bob.

"Mister, do you drive the taxi?" I asked, sitting down beside him. 

He nodded, and held out his hand. I gave him the fifty bucks.

"Let's go, sheila." He said, getting up and beckoning me to follow. I kept his pace, and waited for him to ask me where I was going. 

"Where to?" 

"Indiana." I told him, averting eye contact. 

He nodded, and the two of us got into the taxi. He drove off, and I pulled my cell-phone out of my pocket.

One missed call.

My father.

~~~How is it?!? :D I knoww its pretty bad... but hey {: I tried! :D Comment, vote, and fan please!! :D Thank you all {: