Chapter 2

"Alex! You up yet?" Lexi, my roomate and best friend says

I groan " No! Come back in an hour"

"HAHA, very funny. Up now or you're gonna be late and you know how professor Catherine is when someone is late for her class" she sings

"Remind me again why we're best friend??" I ask while walking to the bathroom and closing the door behind me

I stare at myself in the mirror and I look like a zombie with my huge eyebag and tired eyes. Not even three years of college has changed me a lot. I do feel the pressure and the stress but I also feel happy because I know that I have matured. 

"Because you love me and I always make you breakfast!" Lexi shouts outside the bathroom

"There better be breakfast on the table when I come out!" I shouts back while hopping in the shower

How I love the warm water so much. I wish I could just stay here all day but then i'll be late for class and Professor Catherine loves to give hard punishment if i come late. that reminds me i only have 30 minutes to get ready, eat breakfast and run all the way across campus. argh, why did i slept so late last night. I put on some jeans, a t-shirt and converse in under a minute. I skip make up and run straight to the kitchen. it's not that I hate make up, i'm just not a big fan of make up and I only use it when it's necessary which means never. 

I grab a sandwich Lexi made" Thanks for the sandwich! I'll see you at lunch later!" I tell her while closing the door behind me. I jog down the stairs while eating my sandwich. After finishing my sandwich, i feel a buzz in my pocket. I fish out my phone to see there's a message from Tancy ' just got back from my date. He's so sweet. Can't wait for you to meet him' I really hope he's nice to Tancy or I have to introduce him to my fist.

Suddenly I crash into something hard and I fell backward. I'm waiting for my butt to meet the floor but it never happens. I open my eyes and see a pair of green eyes staring back at me.

"I'm sorry" I says while I walk away from his grasp.

"No, it was my bad. I didn't see where I was going" he replies.

"I'm pretty sure it was my fault so don't need to take the blame. I'm sorry. Thanks for catching me by the way"

"Anytime. What's your name?" he smiles at me.

"I'm..." A sound of bell interupt me and I realize that I only have 5 minutes to go to class.

"I'm sorry. I have to go" I run before I hear what he says.

Even though I was two minutes late to class, today is just my lucky day because Professor Catherine decided to cancel class. Life is good right now! So I decided to walk around campus and just enjoy the scenery. While walking around my mind wander to the last three years since the day I got my acceptance letter. Just three years and a lot has happened. The minute Lexi and I met, we've instantly connect. After a while I introduced her to Tancy  and Alicia and she get along so well with them. Last break, I went home for the holidays and let's just say I surprised a lot of people with the 'new' me. 

I've kept my promise and steer clear of guys but I do have a few guy friends who is amazing and I like them in a friendly way of course. Class has been stressful but I still love every minute i've spent here and i don't ever regret moving here.

The sound of someone yelling my name interrupt my thoughts. "Alex !Alex!" I turn around to see Jake walking towards me.

"Hey Jake. What's up mate?" I say with my suckish british accent

"OMG! You're bloody hillarious. You should listen to yourself" he says while laughing hard

I punch his arm and he yepls "Bloody hell! You are strong for a petite". So I punch his arm again "That's what you get for calling me a petite"