chapter two: encounter and the beach

(the picture to the right is that of Uncle Henry on his beloved beach)

Chapter 2

            I knew he was a god. But I never expected this. Henry is like…this Italian model, with his tanned skin (he lives on a beach, obviously his tan is that glorious) and tossed dark hair that I wonder why I ever thought it looked like Dad’s. It’s much more thick, and glorious. Those dark eyes, filled with light and merriment…this man has me talking like a f*cking novel. Merriment? Who says that anymore?

            “Eh, Uncle Henry, is that you?” Yes, of course it is. The man springs forward, nimble on his feet as he jumps over the bars nailed to the floor that separates the greeters from the arrivers.  Before saying anything, he tears my bags away from me.

            Up close, I should’ve fainted. He’s too good to be true, and I’m crushing on my own uncle. Am I daft?

            “Hello Violet!” he grins, turning his hypotising eyes down on me, “It’s great to see you again!”

            “H-hello Uncle Henry” I look up at him from the side, as we walk to a quieter place, away from all the crowds. His jaw is angular, and sexy, and his dark eyes have this angle to them, like a very subtle touch of Asian slant to it. And his lips…I wish I could kiss them. But this man is my f*cking half uncle, so I can’t. Why am I thinking like this?! Even if he weren’t my uncle, he’s still twenty five, ancient.

            “You’re Mum’s told me that you’re very smart. A straight A student?” he inquires lightly.

            “Yup” I reply, flushing with pride. “And you?”

            “Me?”

            “Yeah, I don’t know anything about you really”

            We start heading for the elevator that leads to the underground parking slots. I sense Uncle Henry stiffen beside me.

            “Your Dad never said anything about me?” he asks softly, his child-like, jumpy persona abandoned for a more mature one. I regret saying it, watching the look of sadness befall his beautiful face. I’m so insensitive.

            I reply honestly, “Yeah. And that’s why it’s great I’m visiting you! So we can get to know each other more” Under the dim lights of the underground, Uncle Henry has this dark angel appearance, and despite my attempt to cheer him up, he maintains the sad face. Damn. Our first real encounter isn’t turning out as well as I’d planned.

            We go to his small European car and drive out onto strangely alike streets. Usually, in Europe, there are major differences just a few miles away from anywhere, but in America, everything is the same. I see few differences, really.

            “Can I ask you questions?” I decide to start, hopefully to lighten up our serious atmosphere and get to know this uncle I barely know.

            “Sure, go ahead”

            “Why a beach house? I’d be afraid of hurricanes and floods” I say honestly. It’s like Kelly’s fear of ships because of the Titanic. With just a short glance in my uncle’s direction, I can get a load full of hotness. The silhouette, the side profile of his face, is perfect. He has that gentle chin, not too big a nose, and large, thick lashed eyes. Sigh.