Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

GOODBYE FOR NOW

[Ken]

Sh*t. Sakit ng ulo ko. Napadami pa yata ang nainom ko kagabi. Matapos kong makita ang pag-iyak ni Liz sa harap ni Lance. Hindi ko mapigilang magalit. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. Sinundan ko siya kagabi pero hindi ko na siya mahagilap. Gusto kong malaman kung bakit siya umiyak. I have this feeling that there is something going on between the two. I can't figure it out yet.

I stood up and reach for my towel. Lizzane. I'll court you but I have to fix things first. Including Sophie, you and Lance. I have to settle this. I gotta move.

*HOSPITAL*

"Miss Ollante was discharged." What?! I rush towards my car and drove to her home. Unfortunately ay hindi ko siya nakita. Tulog pa din si Nick hanggang ngayon. Napadami din kasi inom niya pero nauna na siyang umuwi sa akin matapos kong makita si Liz na umiiyak. Sh*t. Where the hell are you now Soph? Why need to make us worry?

Nakarating na ako sa condo ko. To my surprise ay nakita ko siya sa salas ko. I run towards her. Nagulat siya sa ginawa ko pero wala akong balak kumalas. How I missed her.

"Pinag-alala mo ako but I never despised you. Not a chance." She taps my back.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hi, I am a transferee here. You mind being my friend?" I raised my head and looked at her face. Well, she looks pretty and sweet. She is on lower level here in middle school and looks young for me. I grinned. "Certainly. I am------"

"Kenjie Joe Salvador. The only heir of Salvador Corporation with 18 branches in the world. Loves cars, computer games and hate his studies." Napanganga lang ako sa sinabi niya. What?! How did she? I look at her. She was smiling. This girl is kinda interesting huh.

"Wow. That was accurate. You are amazing." I clap. She just smiled.

"You are so popular here so there is no reason for not  knowing you." I smiled back. Oh, well. "Friends?" I grinned. We shook hands.

We became close friends for a year. I never thought I'll fall for her. At the same time, she does too.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"I am sorry for causing all these trouble." Nagising ako bigla. I look at her. Bandage on her head was still there. I look at her face. Nothing has changed. She was still the girl I used to cheer up. My best friend. My lover. My cousin. But that was way too late to figure out. I sighed. Pinaupo ko siya.

"What do you want to drink?" Umupo ako sa tapat niya. I took her hand and kissed it.

"Kenjie.." I smiled. How I missed the way she call me by my real name. "I'm heading back to London today. Doon na ako magpapagaling." Oouch. Iiwan niya ako ulit? I touched her hand.

"N-now? But why? Ngayon lang kita nakita ulit tapos.. tapos aalis ka na?" No. She can't just leave like this.

"I am sorry. I gotta leave because I might do something horrible again." Yumoko siya. I touched her chin and raised it. Our eyes met. This girl got herself into trouble. I am sure about that. She is sick. I know how her attitude changes. It was a bipolar disorder. I sighed.

"What happened? Tell me now." She smiled and took my hand.

"I attacked my father’s son." To my surprise ay nabitawan ko ang kamay niya. What?! He attacked his own brother? Meaning, she met him? She's about to cry so I held her hand again.