Chapter 1

My vision is starting to come back. Everything is blurry and in black and white but I can see the outline of her face. Cress. The girl I survived falling from the sky in a satellite with. The girl I had crossed the Sahara Desert with. The girl who was kidnapped that I didn't stop searching for until I found her. The girl I kissed when we were about to die because I promised her a kiss worth waiting for. The girl who has been putting eyedrops in my eyes everyday to bring my vision back. The girl who is standing right in front of me, who I love but can't tell her so because I’m afraid to. The girl I can't get out of my damn head!

Cress had been putting the eyedrops Thorne's eyes four times a day for five days now. She always stood and looked into his eyes for a few seconds before she sat down in the pilot's seat. Cress probably thought Thorne didn't know she did that, so he never said anything about it. Yesterday He told Cress, Cinder, Emperor Kai, Wolf, and even Iko, that had started to get his eyesight back. Cinder seemed extremely relieved that she would no longer have to pilot the Rampion in case of a necessary emergency escape.

Cress looked into Thorne's eyes again after she put the drops in, even though she knew that he had started to get my vision back. Thorne was so tempted to kiss her and tell her that he loved her, but before he could she went to sit down.

"How's your eyesight?" she asked.

"Everything is extremely blurry and black and white. But obviously a lot better than it was a week ago," Thorne said with a cheesy grin, while trying to see her as much of her possible. He couldn't stop thinking about her no matter how hard he tried.

"That's great, Captain!"

He was about to say something to her but then two people walked into the cockpit standing hand in hand. He could barely make them out as Cinder and Kai.

"Where are Iko and Wolf?" Cress asked.

"Iko is checking on one of the fans in the engine room; She's going to meet all of us in the cargo bay for the revolution meeting... Wolf is laying in Scarlet's bed," Cinder said. She then looked worriedly at Kai, Cress, and then Thorne.

All Cress managed to say was, "Oh." Everyone, even Kai, was worried about Wolf. He was so depressed about the possibility that Scarlet could be dead. And he wouldn’t stop blaming himself for it. Thorne was starting to think that Wolf was starting to act too much like Cinder; always blaming themselves when something bad happened.

“I thought you were the mechanic?” Thorne asked mockingly.

He could barely see that she was giving him an agitated look; but he could feel Cinder’s annoyed gaze upon him, as well as Kai’s.

Thorne stood up. Cress walked over to him, took his hand, and lead him down the hall to the cargo bay. She helped him find a storage crate to sit on then sat next to him. Kai and Cinder sat on a crate a few feet away.

"Hi everyone," Iko chirped as she walked in and sat down on a small desk chair across from Cinder and Kai. From what Thorne could tell, she had a few grease stains on her shirt.

Cinder stood up, paused for a few seconds, "I should go get Wolf; he needs to hear our plan," she then walked down the hallway towards the crew quarters.

When Cinder was out of the room Iko started talking to Kai, asking him ridiculously insane questions about being the emperor. Cress leaned her head against Thorne's arm. They sat there listening to Kai laugh at Iko's questions for a few minutes; once in a while laughing along with him. Usually Thorne would have made some snide comment like he had about Cinder earlier,  but for now he was just going to listen.

Then he suddenly thought of a question he’d wanted to ask Cress for a few days now, "Cress?..."

“Yes Captain?”

He couldn't bring himself to ask the actual question that was taking over my mind. So instead he asked, "How many more times do I need the eyedrops?"

"One more time today, then another two days worth," she replied.

Just as Iko asked Kai another crazy question, Cinder and Wolf walked into the cargo bay. Once again, Cinder Sat next to Kai. Wolf sat on a crate across from Thorne. They then started discussing their master plan to find Scarlet (if she was still alive), start the revolution on Luna, overthrow Queen Levana, and get Princess Selene, aka Cinder, reinstated as the true queen of Luna.