Chapter Nine

I have a twenty minute break in my revision, so I'mma post the two chappers I've already written from my iPod :D

Woop woop! Part nine!! Here we go!!

---

"Unh.... wha..?" I mumbled as I came to. The room swirled in front of my eyes, before finally settling to a stop. I slowly made myself sit up, only to jerk and start coughing, hunching my chest over.

"Nee-chan!" Only then, did I notice the other people in the room.

"You better not get too close, Naruto-kun, or you might catch her sickness." Itachi said calmly, holding Naruto back from glomping me. The boy scowled.

"I don't care, I wanna hug my nee-chan!"

"Naruto..." I cut off with another cough, and covered my mouth with my hand, "Itachi's right... I don't want to have to look after you the moment I've got better."

My feeble teasing and weak smile didn't seem to do anything to relieve Naruto of his worry, nor Itachi. I frowned slightly.

"Look, you guys, relax, I'm fine-" once more, I cut off with a harsh coughing fit. Itachi stood up, and put his hands on my shoulders. They felt cold against my sickness-flushed skin as he gently pushed me back into a laying position.

"I think you ought to just stay lying down, Kaoru-chan." he said gently. I scowled half-heartedly, too absorbed in the wonderful cool feeling his skin gave me. It was like eating an ice cream on a really hot day, except now it was gone.

"Uzumaki-san?" there was a knock at the door, and I groaned.

"Yes?" an old and wrinkly woman came in, thin-faced and thin-bodied to match. She had a scowl on her face as she looked all of us over, and I wanted to hit her as she scowled even more when she saw Naruto. Obviously, she was one of those people.

I wanted to hit her even more when Naruto flinched, and came and stood at the side of my bed, further away from her, and closer to me. I sent him a reassuring look, then returned the nurse's scowl with one of my own.

"Do you mind? That is my little brother you are glaring at." I said stiffly, through gritted teeth. I didn't care if I was halfway through death's door; I would kick her ass into next week for treating my little brother like that!!

The nurse cleared her throat, and then said in an unpleasant, nasal voice, "Yes, well, I have your test results Uzumaki-san. It turns out that you have been poisoned. We have yet to determine when this occurred, but it has effected your immune system, and you have now got a fever. You will have to remain in hospital for a few days on antibiotics, but then you should be good to go. But in the mean time, you should get some rest, we will give you your antibiotics soon."

"Thank you." Itachi said after a long pause, probably for the best, seeing as I certainly wasn't going to. Stupid woman... I was glad when she left, she was making Naruto uncomfortable.

"It's all right, Naruto. Just ignore her, she's an idiot." I said to him, and he looked up at me. I grinned at him, and he smiled faintly back. I coughed, then brushed my hair back off of my sweat-sticky forehead. I heard Naruto gasp.

"Nee-chan, what's that?!" he asked, and I cursed in my mind. I had forgotten about the seal mark. Itachi also looked surprised.

"Oh, this? It's just a tattoo. Don't worry about it." I said slightly uneasily, but luckily, the coughs that came every so often covered it up. I then yawned, "Well, I'm gonna get some sleep now guys..."

They both nodded, and I rolled onto my side, my back to them. "Oh, and one more thing..." I began, burying my face in my arms and shutting my eyes, "Naruto, don't just eat only ramen for the next few days... get some fruit and veg too..." then I fell into a deep sleep.