broken || c. n.

"I want to die, Christian! You can't stop me! Nobody wants me here! They want me dead? So be it."

I remember it like it was yesterday. The day I finally decided to end it all. Well, I planned to. Didn't go as planned, though.

"Serrenity, you have reasons to live! You have your brother, Veronica.. You have me!" Christian yelled, fear dripping in his tone.

"Do I, now? I have nobody. Nobody, Christian! I don't even have you, even though you think that!" I shouted back, violently wiping damp cheeks off.

"You do have me.. You have me, Serrenity. You do. Please don't leave me." He, too, had many tears flushing from his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Christian. I just can't take it anymore," I whimpered, and I slid the stained metal up my wrist before he could even burst the locked bathroom door open. And then.. then that's when everything changed.

I heard Christian's faint screams, but I only focused on finally being free. I would be free. After so long.

The bathroom door bust open, and in came two men rushing to my curled up body. Blood was smeared across my arm, and it was all over the floor. They pick up my crimpled body and rushed me outside, Christian trailing behind while yelling things to me in which I couldn't understand.

I don't remember anything that night. I blacked out after that. That wasn't the last time I've attempted something so horrid. But, that certainly was the last time I saw Christian Novelli.

***********************

"Serrinity!" Kayla yelled, running up to me, laughter escaping her mouth.

Kayla is my best friend, and my only friend. Nobody in my school is very fond with me, but at least I have Kayla.

"What is it?" I asked her, a small smile tugging on the corners of my lips. Her perky and bubbly attitude is always the best.

"There's a new boy coming into school today, and he's in four of my periods!" She squealed, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Oh yeah?" I raised my eyebrow at her, earning a excited nod from her. "What's his name?"

"Christian Novelli," she said dreamily, and my body tensed. Christian? What's he doing here..?

I haven't seen Christian in two or three years.

"Serrinity? You there?"

I snapped back in reality and shook my head. "Sorry. A little out of it. So uhm," I paused, clearing my throat, "How do you know for sure who he is?"

"Well, why don't you take a look at him right there?" Kayla jabbed a thumb to a tallish guy with dark hair and an adorable smile. "Oh, and uh, he told me his name when I may or may not have forced it out of him," she added, smiling sheepishly.

"Nice," I muttered, chuckling. My gaze never left his moving figure. That is, until I noticed he saw me.

Christian turned around to glance at me, and he smiled, but after a moment, he looked like a deer caught in headlights. He slowly made his way over, Kayla excusing herself before he turned to walk over, and he stopped in front of me. He didn't speak, just gazed. And after a long moment of silence, he finally spoke,

"Serrinity?"

Oh. So he does remember me.