PART 3

Neither of them knew how long had passed as they stood there looking at each other

Neither of them knew how long had passed as they stood there looking at each other. Was it the yearning of the past 7 years? Or was it the silence of the last 7 years? If anyone would ask them, neither would know what it was holding them there. It wasn't until the moment his hand touched her cheek that her trance broke and she realized, he was dangerously close to the wall between them, could she let him break it? There was so much she had been hiding within herself for all the years she spent him, it scared her, the thought of the wall breaking scared her. She couldn't let him break it, not without shattering both of them? His touch was gentle as always, her heart raced a little but she knew it was nothing more than him making sure she was real. For once she wished she wasn't.

The sight of her being alive had brought back a barrage of emotions bursting through his heart, for all the pain the thought of loosing her had broken him, she was alive after all. Never could he deny himself the reality that he had indeed become heartless to everyone around him when the thought of loosing her had finally hit him. He didn't know when his hand reached out to touch her, but it did. His mind refused to believe that she really wasn't one of his hallucinations, the one which were his only resort for the time he spent alone all these years. Although, the reality of it was harsher.

Excuse me.

She said in a straight voice stepping away from him. The words tore through his tiny moment, a moment of his heart. He felt his emotions breaking once again, the coldness that he suddenly saw in his her eyes was unfathomable. As the reality of it all hot him, he felt himself shaking with anger. She had seen him after seven years and all she had in her excuse was walking away. Yet again? His hand was quick enough to grab hers before she could walk away. She froze when she felt herself being held back by him, why did he always to make it so difficult for her? A part of her knew what he was going to ask her, the same part of her knew what she was going to say, but did she really have it in her to go through the pain all over again? For the past 7 years she had been living it, but deep down she knew she didn't have the courage to face it again. Taking a deep she tried to free her hand out of his grip but he only held it tighter not letting it go.

Still trying to run away are you? Isn't that the only thing you've been doing for the past 7 years now Ishita?

He bit harshly, his hold on her hand getting tighter, giving away the rage storming in him. His words did the needful, he thought she was running away, less did he know there was nothing she owned to run away from.

I wish. Sometimes running away the best thing one can do, no one should know it better than you. But let me correct you. I was not running away. There was nothing left for me to run away from. Now if you please, let me go Raman.