Chapter 2

Eleven hours, thirty-nine minutes, and twenty-eight seconds ago I found out that one of the deadliest, smartest, and swiftest, cold-blooded, homicidal murderers of my time has turned out to be my new professor. While it is dangerous for me, considering I know nothing about this woman's intentions I do have to believe my old professor Dr. Morgonson wouldn't have sent me to her sister just to be killed. I do believe better of her then that, after all these years she does have my trust. Ms. Sarah Morgonson has told me to pack the things I will need. The detectives will need to think she took me as a hostage. I have to agree it's a great plan. Without a doubt the detectives will believe this and give up looking for me before they start. It is hard to believe that they are so ignorant considering it is their jobs, as detectives, to use their brains, but, then again, that's why I want to be a detective, or rather what the detectives should be.
My parents were killed six years, two months, zero days, and 13 minutes ago. When I was eight I was sent to a disgusting, ill-mannered orphanage. When I went to check the case they told me I was too young. When I asked them if they had found the killer, the man told me to talk to the detectives. The detectives told me that the case had gone cold, that there was nothing more to find. I doubt it. The murderer was nothing more than a mugger who killed my parents over greed. I know this because I was there. We were walking home from the movies and in the ally there was this man, obviously on some type of drug; he came from the shadows. With a ski-mask on his face and a gun pointed at my dad, he demanded money. When my dad handed him the wallet the man's despicable dark eyes saw my mother. He pointed the gun at her and smiled smugly. My dad saw the mugger was shivering and as he tried to take off his black long coat he was shot. As the dark red blood poured from the wound my mother rushed to try and catch him, but was shot herself and fell to the ground on top of my dad. Time seemed to stop as I stared down at the dead bodies of the ones I loved. I could hear ticking like from a clock as the man turned to point the gun at me; tears ran down my face. As I stared at him I could see the fear in his eyes. I heard voices and so did he, he turned and ran off. I stood there still, in the shock. A couple came running up to me asking me if I was ok and what had happened. I couldn't answer. They called nine-one-one, the police showed up, and I was sent to the station. I haven't stopped counting the time since.
I shut my journal, wiped a tear that had started to form in my eyes. I slowed my breathing and put my journal into my briefcase.

 This "kidnapping" would need to look as if I were just visiting on business. Golly, on his way out, will hand me the key to the room. Ms. Truly will come up with something and call the new guard over to her desk to distract him. I will unlock the door and hand her the taser. You can guess the rest from there.
As I showed up at the clinic with my briefcase, I saw Golly on his way out. As he reached the door way he handed me the silver key. Great, it had begun. I went up to Ms. Truly's desk and asked her for the (false) room number. As I walked away, I saw the guard walk from the door to the desk. I hurriedly unlocked the door, gave her the taser, and slid the key under the mat. My new professor snuck up behind the guard and tasered him. As he fell to the ground Ms. Morgonson took his gun. Seeing the guard fall to the ground drew much attention. People noticed the gun that was now held in the hands of the killer. People gasped.
"Now I promise, no one will get hurt as long as they do as I say. You all know who I am, don't you?"
From the shock in their eyes you could tell the answer was yes.
"Put all of your things down on the ground and back up to the wall, except you boy, you're coming with me to ensure my safety."
People did as she said; including Ms. Truly. As she pointed the gun at me I froze. For that one second I again saw the man I hated; I saw the man who killed my parents. Then as fast as it came it went.
"Come on boy, I don't have all day."
I woke and walked to her. She grabbed my forearm and pointed the gun at my head. We both walked out of there with ease. No death, no blood. After we got into the dark green car, which I had assumed was hers and drove off Ms. Truly called the police; they arrived an hour after we left. They truly were a sad excuse for civil servants.
As I sat in the car with Ms. Morgonson I couldn't help, but think, what had I just gotten myself into? 

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for your time in reading chapter 2! Hope you enjoyed and will continue to enjoy! As always any votes, feedback, and comments are always appreciated!