Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Murphy climbed into the front seat of Louis' car, while Louis eased Liam into the back seat. Liam let out a moan, but Murph suspected he wasn't conscious to feel the pain that had caused it.

As soon as Louis was in, Murphy took off towards the warehouse. Connor and Niall were following, Harry and Kendra behind him in Liam's car, with Zayn circling back to make sure they weren't being followed.

Murphy chucked his phone in the back seat to Louis.

"Call Eleanor," he ordered.

Louis dialed the number he knew so well. He held his breath as it rang.

It cut off during the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, El."

><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Eleanor Calder was ripped out of sleep by the violent buzz her phone made as it rang on the wooden nightstand. Once she registered what was happening, she reached over and answered it to keep from waking her roommate, Beth, who was sleeping next door.

"Hello?" she said in a groggy voice.

"Hey, El," said the voice on the other line. She sat up right, now fully awake. "It's Louis. I need your help."

"Louis," she started, but he cut her off.

"Do you really think I would call unless if it wasn't an emergency? It's Liam. He's been shot."

She was out of bed in an instant, pulling on her jeans, the phone pressed between her shoulder and cheek.

"Where are you?" she asked as scribbled a quick note for Beth.

He gave he the address and she tore the paper in half, stuffing the address in her pocket and leaving the note on the counter. She grabbed her keys and jacket.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. I don't need to tell you to do your best to stop the bleeding. And Louis, keep him conscious as long as possible."

She hung up and put her phone in her pocket.

This would be the first time she actually attempted to save someone's life since she graduated from medical school a couple of years back. She had only dealt with infections and things of that nature at the clinic she worked at.

Eleanor was a determined girl, and seldom did she put her mind to something and fail. And this time, she was determined to save Liam Payne's life.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Niall was tense. He wished they could get there faster, but they were pushing it already.

"So," Connor's voice cut through the tension. "How many times am I going to have to save your arse from getting fucking shot in an alley?"

"Hopefully this'll be the last." Niall chuckled, but it didn't last long as he thought of Liam.

'What if he doesn't make it? That'll be your fault.'

"Hey, he's going to be just fine," Connor said, reading his thoughts.

Niall just nodded.

'He'll be fine,' He told himself repeatedly. 'He'll be fine.'

But there was that sick voice that kept saying back,

'What if he isn't?'

><><><><><><><><><><><><><