My Flappy Bird (Larry One-Shot)

My Flappy Bird

The only way to date him is to beat his best score in Flappy Bird.  

______________________________ 

Twenty-year old Harry Styles is nothing but a clumsy boy. But little did he know his clumsiness is the reason he met with the most annoying and narcissist human being on campus ground, Louis Tomlinson, and fell in love him like the bird in the Flappy Bird game if you failed to tap the screen. 

Tap..tap....tap.

It was supposed to be a lazy Sunday morning for any university student, but Harry a lot of things to do on that particularly sunny, bright and beautiful Sunday, namely; Pick up her sister's dress at the dry cleaning, submit his -late- assignment to his professor, get his car at the workshop all before nine a.m where his shift at Starbucks starts. Determined to wake up at 6 the night before, Harry was more than devastated when he woke up only to find out that it was already 7 a.m. His only option was to skip both breakfast and bathing, but even that won't gave him enough time to get to work on time. It's not really rare for Harry to be tardy, but once in a while he wants to prove to Niall Horan that he can be on time if he wants to.  

Slipping in his white Starbucks polo shirt and a pair of tight skinny jeans, Harry quickly head out of his shared flat, not bothering to wake up his flat-mate, Zayn Malik. Harry had to run all the way to the workshop three blocks over where his beloved car was being repaired the past week. Upon arriving at the small car workshop, Harry was greeted with the sight of a big bulky bloke wearing a pair of dark jumpsuit halfway, tying the rest of it around his waist, thus revealing his sweaty body clad with a tight white tank top, as he examine the engine of another car that Harry had never seen before.

"Mornin' Liam," Harry greeted, patting his friend on the shoulder on to get grease and sweat "Egh, how come you're already sweating and greasy so early in the morning?" 

"Eh,...," Liam chuckled nervously "Been working all night here,...Niall uh...kicked me out of the flat last night," 

"He-? Okay, I would love to hear the rest of it but I really need my car,...it is done?" Harry asked politely, but couldn't help but to giggle at the fact that Niall and Liam always fight like old couples married for more than 50 years. 

"Yeah," Liam smiled, shaking his head as if he was agreeing that his fights with Niall are getting sillier. He fished out Harry's car key from the back pocket of his jump suit and handed it to the boy pumped with adrenaline. 

"Thanks mate," Harry smiled widely, dashing towards his car on the other side of workshop. 

Harry drove to his University first, to drop off his assignment that was hastily and messily completed. After he did his first task that morning, he noticed that he didn't have time to pick up Gemma's dress from the dry cleaning. Taking a deep breath, Harry silently plead forgiveness to his sister and decided to ge straight to work. It took him half an hour drive to the Starbucks he works in, and by the time he arrived at his work place, it was 9.05 a.m. Sighing to himself, he begrudgingly parked his car and walked into Starbucks. 

"Hazza! Great! You're here!" His overly excited Irish best-friend greeted him, mentioning him to come over the front counter. Harry punched in his attendance card, silently cursing to himself for being late. Even though his boss wasn't here, he still wasn't happy that he was late, wanting to prove to Niall and himself that he can be better if he wants to. "Here,...this might just be your day!" 

Niall handed him his dark-green apron, and shoved a tray with a hot cappuccino and a huge chocolate-banana muffin. Harry sulkily puts on his work-apron but stared at the tray of food in front of him quizzically.