[.chapter.four.]

Hey guys! I'm sorry for not uploading sooner! I felt bad so here is me trying to make it a bit longer.

(P.S. Faeth is on the side-->)

~Ever ♥

~*~*~*~

I stared at him for God knows how long. He moved to get up and that seemed to snap me back to reality. I turned to face my father and placed a strained smile on my face. He was staring at us, his gaze switching between me and the man sitting in the chair. I refused to look at him, afraid of the voice coming back. The fear was irrational considering it was still there but instead of speaking, it was growling at me like some kind of feral dog!

"So, ah, I'll leave this with you, gentlemen." I placed the tray on the desk and pulled away. The kettle tipped a bit when I jerked my arms away and I reached for it just as the man behind me did. Our hands brushed and shocks erupted from my fingers running through my body from head to toe. I swiped my hand away from him skin. I cradled my hand to my chest as I stared at the guy. He stared right back, a look of shock covering his beautiful features. Wait. Beautiful? What is WRONG with me?! Drew caught the kettle, shooting his arm put towards it at an inhuman rate.

He stared at me, concern and some other emotion that I couldn't place filled his eyes. "Are you alright, Katalyna?" I nodded, slightly out of it. I quickly recomposed myself and smiled at my father. "I'm fine, Drew. Just a little shock." I let out a nervous laugh and rubbed my now sweaty palms again my pants. "Well, I should really get to bed. Goodnight, boys." I turned to leave but Drew's voice stopped me.

"Wait, Katalyna. I wanted to apologize for Stephanie's behavior. She was out of line when she said those hurtful things and it was uncalled for. Kendra's actions weren't the best either." A snarl came from the man sitting in the chair. I peeked at him using my peripherals and saw that he was glaring at the desktop, his hands clutching the arms of the chair so hard his knuckles were white, the skin stretched so far it looked as if his knuckles would rip right through it. His muscles were straining on his bare arms and chest and I suddenly had the urge to rub my hands over them. I cleared the dirty thoughts from my mind, shifting my eyes back to Drew.

"It's fine, Drew. Really. I mean, how else are they supposed to react to the fact that the bastard lovechild of your past is living with them?" They came out harsher than I intended, but I realized the truth in my words. That's all I was. The only person who ever wanted me was my mother and now I'm not even sure of that. "I am, after all, a constant reminder of the, er, mistake you made..." A traitorous  tear slipped our of my eye and I wiped it away quickly, replacing the frown on my face with a bright smile. Drew looked pained but I just leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight, Drew."

"Kat-"

"Drew, it's all good. I don't expect then to treat me any other way than how they are now. If they were, I'd think they were being fake or trying to spare my feelings. I happen to hate when people think that hiding things or feelings is what's best for me. I'd rather know how they really feel than have to wonder. Now, back to business." I patted his head and laughed, but it sounded forced even to my ears. I turned around. "Have a nice night Mr..." I trailed off.

"Taylor. Sebastian Taylor." I smiled as I tried to avoid eye contact. I saw him stretch out his hand and I fake sneezed, covering my mouth with both hands. I smiles sheepishly, but it probably looked somewhat like a smirk, considering that's what I was inwardly doing.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Taylor." I smiled and left the room without so much as a second glance at him. I walked straight to my room but stopped when I heard an interesting conversation.