[13] Ice Cream

"So where are we going?"

Justin and Zayn were stopped at a stoplight, watching as cars pass by. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon; the sun shining, the temperature was nice, everything positive that could have been related to how it looked and felt outside. The only thing that wasn't beautiful, however, was the fact that it was rush hour. There were cars littering the four-way traffic stop, there were tons of people littering the sidewalks and crossing, stopping cars from going, and there were the normal assholes who acted as if they didn't know how to drive. Overall, the bad outweighed the good.

Justin, who was annoyed by the fact that he decided to choose rush hour to go out with Zayn, but also quite happy because he got to spend more time with Zayn, sat behind the stirring wheel, the soft sound of The 1975 playing lowly in the background. He had one hand on the stirring wheel, while the other one sat on the gear shift. He had the visor down, blocking the sun from reaching his eyes as he drove the vehicle.

Justin glances over at Zayn, who was looking at him with doe eyes, wearing a curious expression. He took the time to take in Zayn's appearance, seeing as he didn't do it earlier since they were in a semi-rush. The younger man was wearing a short sleeve white t-shirt, revealing both of his tattoo arms that Justin really wanted to goggle over, but couldn't since he was driving. He was also wearing white jeans, which Justin could tell fit the man perfectly. This was by far the most comfortable that Justin has ever seen Zayn dress. Not like he knew him long, though, so he never got the chance to see Zayn dress casually.

From the corner of his eyes, Justin could see that the light has turned green, the cars in front of him moving. Justin followed behind the cars that prohibited him from going faster since they were now taking off.

"It's a surprise," Justin suddenly spoke, finally going over fifteen miles per hour since the car in front of him had turned. He takes a chance to look over at Zayn, who was looking at him with a pout. Justin could help but laugh at the innocent man, shaking his head slightly at him. "You're cute."

Justin looks back at Zayn, and he could tell the little man was blushing since his cheeks were tinted pink. Justin laughed at the man again, causing Zayn to look at him.

"M'not cute," Zayn mumbled, ducking his head, trying to hide his pink cheeks. "You just like messing with me."

Justin didn't confirm nor deny that allegation.

It took them about twenty minutes to arrive at the destination, seeing as there was a bit of traffic. It usually would've taken Justin about ten minutes to arrive without it. Justin pulled inside of the parking lot, parking the vehicle inside one of the spaces nearest to their destination.

Zayn looked at the building curiously, not knowing what it was. Justin put the vehicle in park, turning the vehicle off before turning to Zayn, who was looking at him with nothing but curiousness and confusion.

"Where are we?" Zayn asked, trying to figure out where they were at. Justin took off his seat belt before opening his door. He then turned to Zayn and smirked.

"You'll see," he responded simply before hopping out the vehicle, grabbing his keys and closing the door behind him. He could imagine Zayn in the vehicle pouting, and the thought of that caused him to let out a small chuckle. Soon, Justin heard the vehicle door open, and he turned around to see Zayn exiting out of the vehicle. Zayn closed the door behind himself, walking around the car to Justin's side. Justin smiled down at the man, causing Zayn to look down at his feet, biting his lip. Justin took his keys and pressed the lock button, hearing the alarm once he pressed it. Sticking his keys inside of his pocket, Justin made his way towards the building, Zayn by his side.