BetrayaL

Last Updated: 2 February 2020

LATELATELATELATELATELATELATE! XD

Dis was requested by mai loveleh bff @de99arni!!!

In addition, pwez give meh ideas on wut to write!! I hv no idea on how 2 describe da epic tidal power of cake! D:

ENJOYNESS! XP

A/N: Why did I say ENJOYNESS so much?
Please listen to Broken Strings by James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado while reading.

~~~~

Let me hold you,
For the last time,
It's the last chance to feel again.

You slam the creaky, old, wooden door behind you, surprising L as you collapsed into his warm, open arms. You immediately burst into tears, which quickly soddened his baggy, white t-shirt. He stroked your soft, (h/c) hair in an awkward, but gentle gesture of compassion.

"What's wrong, _______?" He asked you softly, leaning close down to your ear, sounding generally concerned.

Desperate thoughts raced through your mind. Should you tell him the truth? The dreaded, hair-raising truth that would most likely break apart your fragile relationship forever?

You stutter nervously, trying to get rid of the overwhelming guilt that was already looming above you, "I-I..."

'Can't tell him the truth, can't tell, can't tell him the truth,' you chant in your mind over and over again. Maybe if you thought hard enough, chanted hard enough, the guilt would go away.

But it didn't.

L pressed his left hand soothingly on your cheek, making you raise your head slightly. As soon as your innocent, (e/c) eyes met his thoughtful, onyx-grey ones, all your worries washed away. Just like a stream that had melted away after a long, bitter winter.

"_______." He repeated seriously, frowning, "I am 87% certain that you are not telling me something you should be."

You chuckled quietly. L could make you laugh with even the slightest of things. Smiling, you buried your tired, stuffy head into his shirt, relishing the homely, musky smell of it.

Home.

Oh, how you missed your remote, but comfortable countryside home, way out in the harsh moors of Scotland. You remember endless days of herding sheep with your trusty steed, Aui, and your loyal Shetlie, Eve, both of which had soon both died of an unknown illness. Was something similar about to happen with you and L?

But you broke me,
Now I can't feel anything.

"Well?" L prompted.

"I..." You whisper quietly, gazing up slowly into his searching eyes, "...actually support Kira, not the Task Force..."

L's panda-like eyes widened in shock to their full extent, speechless. But that was not all.

"...and I work for him too. And you know what that means... L."

When I love you,
It's so untrue,
I can't even convince myself.

L couldn't believe what he had just heard. Even after years of honing his deductive reasoning skills, not once had he suspected his own girlfriend to work for Kira. And now he was living to regret it.

Could he love _______ ever again, now that he found out that she had been betraying him this whole time? It was a tough call, as Matsuda would of said a few years back.