#6: You Belong With Me

Now Playing ♬

You Belong With Me

You're on the phone with your girlfriend ‒ she's upset, 

She's going off about something that you said 

'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

It's 7:30pm. Andito naman ako sa kwarto ko, gumagawa ng assignment sabay soundtrip ng 'you belong with me'.

I'm in the room ‒ it's a typical Tuesday night. 

I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like. 

And she'll never know your story like I do.

ang weird nga eh. you know the girl who likes my crush? hindi niya gusto ang kantang ito. baliw ba siya? bakit hindi niya itry pakinggan ito. nakakakilig pa nga eh.

But she wears short skirts 

I wear t-shirts 

She's cheer captain 

And I'm on the bleachers

Dahil wala akong magawa, napunta naman ako sa salamin ko. Bakit kaya hindi ko itry magsuot? So ayun, pumunta ako sa closet ko tsaka nagtry ng iba't ibang outfits. mapa emo, girly, cheerleader. pero wala pa rin eh.

Mapapansin niya kaya ako? Hindi yata eh. Because I'm a nerd. And I don't want to change this in order to impress him. andiyan naman kasi yung babae niya. wala nga akong laban sa kanya eh.

Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find 

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

Hey Ethan, when will you notice me? You're a jock and I'm not coz I'm a nerd. Can I just have a chance to be with you?

If you could see 

That I'm the one 

Who understands you. 

Been here all along.

Hindi mo alam, I could be the one that can understand you. Not your flirty girlfriend, Sam. Why Her, andito naman ako eh?

So, why can't you see ‒ 

You belong with me, 

You belong with me?

Ngayon naman, andito ako sa labas ng bahay ko. I'm actually reading a book. I enjoy doing this kasi it makes me smart. Sana kahit ito man lang maisip mo na maganda para sa akin.

Walking the streets with you in your worn out jeans 

I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be.