Chapter Six

Jazmine knocked on the door then rocked back and forth on her heels as she listened to Rebekah tell Jenna that she wasn't too pregnant to answer the door. Rebekah sounded annoyed, agitated.

The door flung open and both girls stared at Jazmine as if she were a ghost. In their defense, she should have been by now.

"Jazmine- you- you're here." Jenna stuttered and Jazmine nodded.

"Yeah, turns out all my wounds were non-fatal, a little whiplash and a cut that bled  a lot." Jazmine shrugged and smiled happily, pushing her way in.

"You- Jenna said you were dead," Rebekah spoke up and Jazmine nodded, taking a seat on an armchair.

"Yeah, I'm sure she did. She left me for dead in that truck and told me that if my neck was broken I'd just be in the way of Paul looking after Chris' child." Jazmine told Rebekah and she turned to look at Jenna in shock.

"Your neck was broken. I'm sure of it. You were going to die." Jenna said and Jazmine raised an eyebrow.

"If my neck was broken then how am I here? You made a mistake by telling me everything. I was so ready to help with this baby, ready to let Paul be a father and not cause any interference." Jazmine shook her head and ran her tongue over her teeth before sighing.

"Jaz, I can't, if you tell Paul then I'll have no one. My baby won't have a father." Rebekah was beginning to cry and Jazmine gave her a small smile.

"I'm not going to tell Paul," Jazmine assured her and Rebekah fell forward, crying into Jazmine's shoulder while muttering her thanks over and over.

"Thank you so much, Jaz," Rebekah whispered but Jazmine stayed unmoving during the hug which led to Rebekah pushing back off her.

"Only my friends call me Jaz. You will never be my friend. I'm not telling Paul because I don't deserve to be the one who breaks his heart. I didn't hurt him, you did. You're going to tell him because my fiancé deserves better." Jazmine told them and stood from her seat.

All friendliness was gone from her expression and she looked over both girls with a cold gaze.

"What if I refuse to tell him?" Rebekah asked and Jazmine shrugged.

"I have a good friend up in Fork's general. He'll inform Paul for me. You have until tonight to tell him, Rebekah. If he comes home tonight still excited for a baby he thinks is his then you'll be very sorry." Jazmine warned.

"What can you do?" Jenna asked coldly.

"Besides tell everyone you left me to die in a truck?" She asked and Jenna shuddered before closing her eyes.

"Your neck was broken. You should have died." Jazmine looked up when two more heartbeats joined the one's already present and found Brady and Collin looking a lot taller.

"You did what?" Brady asked and Jenna looked up at her little brother.

"Brady, you wouldn't understand," Jenna told him but she had tears in her eyes.

"Well, I understand just fine. The two of you are sadistic." Collin told the girls and he looked up to Jazmine.

"We were just leaving, we'll walk you out," Collin told her and she joined the to teenage boys out to the drive.

"Don't be angry at your sisters. Desperate times call for desperate measures." Jazmine told them and they looked her over.

"You're a good person. You don't deserve that." Brady told her and Jazmine smiled softly and looked both boys over.

"I feel like we're going to be close in the future, you guys are Seth's friends, right?" She asked and they nodded hesitantly.

"We were until you recruited him to join your cult," Collin said and Jazmine laughed.