Little Lady

A warm sensation spread through her body, the sun shining over her. Soon after she woke the pain demanded to be felt, busting through the beautiful morning. As the pain took over her, she got up, glancing in the mirror at her naked body. An agonizing pattern of purple and yellow decorated her skin, a reminder of last night. The night her, unwanted, pimp lost his cool. She decided that her busted lip could not be hidden with make up also that she need to take a trip to St. Barts Hospital to check that her jaw didn't need rewiring and the hideous split lip didn't need stiches.

Hospitals had always scared her since she was a child, they reminded her of death, pain, and God. If someone wanted to pray, this is the place they should come. Hospitals have heard more prayers than churches. She hoped that she would get the same doctor who helped her last year, he didn't ask questions and let her go. He shouldn't have, but she wasn't going to hold that against him.

The pretty nurse came towards her saying that since she had filled in the paper work she could go though to see the doctor now. As soon as she walked into the room, she could smell the curiosity radiating off the female doctor; it was more over powering than her perfume. She knew questions were going to be asked, she couldn't answer them, even if she wanted to. 

As soon as the Doctor had finished checking her out, she concluded that the girl did not need stitches, but needed to answer the questions instead, she could see it in the doctors eyes. The need to get out of the room became undeniable. She said a polite, firm goodbye and left. The doctor called after her saying that she needed to call the police. But she ignored her and kept walking calmly down the gleaming white hallways.

She strolled through the white ward unnoticed, she reached the door successfully undetected and slipped out, casting the big brick building a hopeful gaze. Perhaps if she stayed she wouldn't have to go through this, she could go back to her home. Thankfully the police hadn't arrived yet, stupid meddling doctor. She wondered what would happened if he found out. It would be bloody and violent. As soon as she was out of the hospitals gaze, she ran, she was trying to runaway. Run, hide, from it all.

She vowed to herself that she would escape his toxic grip on her life. Deep in thought, she failed to notice two men dressed in black started trailing her. She didn't realise until she reached the door, pausing she grasped the door handle slowly turning the nob. Before she could open the door she turned around to face the two men. Something horrific was going to happen. The people trailing her, they were his people. Making sure she was going straight home.

They all think her a stupid child, too weak to fight back, she reached for the door again, but before it opened she felt the cold barrel, of a gun, biting into her spine. 'Get inside' a voice growled, the door creaked open, forcing her in they shoved her onto the dirty, red carpet. As the coarse carpet licked her cheek the door slammed shut. The men had left and she was alone again. The fear of violence increasing with every quiet second she had to endure. The walls encasing her, watching as she drowned in her own terror.

She heard movement from the next room. Walking down the short hallway into a small bare room, she regretted the need to move past her fear. First she heard the floor boards of the room groaning as his weight was repeatedly pressed against them in a rhythm that could only be one thing. The rocking chair. His rocking chair. The only thing he truly loved and cared about, aside from money. He was sitting there, a half empty bottle of cheap vodka and a cigarette in one hand, and a hunting knife in the other. Sunlight glinting off it. His sly grin fell on her.

"Ello love. 'appy birthday, the big one six, eh? 'ow was the 'ospital? The coppers? Were they nice to ya love?" She could see the rage, making his grey eyes shimmer. Before she could answer the smell of alcohol and stale tobacco wrapped her every sense. A second later she felt a cold blade on her throat "what did ya tell 'em pigs?" . Struggling for breath, trying to avoid the knife moving deeper into the crevace of her neck she gasped 'I didn't see no coppers uncle.' Wriggling, frantically trying to get free, she heard his voice, a whisper in her ear ''don't tell lies you dumb 'ooker". She slipped out of his grip, before she hit the ground it was all over, all of it was gone. The strain and guilt of everything; prostitution, drugs, money, but most of all missing her mum. It was all lifed off her shoulders as she reached heavens gates, opening for her tormented souls arrival.