In the Confusion and the Aftermath..

Your muscles tightened which Shannon sensed as he pulled away and looked in the direction you did. Jared let go of the door which slammed behind him as he started to walk towards you two in disbelief. 

"What the.." Jared trailed off, eyes completely devouring yours. "I thought.." He trailed off again. 

You didn't know what to do. You didn't know why Jared was acting like this at all. Shannon lost his grip on you as you started to walk over to Jared. 

"It's not what you think-" You began which you knew was the wrong thing to say but before you could correct yourself you saw Shannon's face. His eyes narrowed as he looked at both of you, confused and still trying to understand what you had just said. As if something had clicked inside of him - all of a sudden his eyes became wide. His fists clenched. He pushed you out of the way and walked over to Jared who walked backwards away from Shannon. 

"Is this it then?!" Shannon shouted. "This was your doing? You planned all of this?! Let me fall in love and then break us apart?!" Shannon got louder and louder. 

"It wasn't like that. She-" Jared's mouth was silenced by a punch. Jared hit the floor as Shannon went to hit him again before you stood in between them. The shouting had attracted Tomo outside and he stood there in awe of what had just happened. 

You locked eyes with Shannon's that were angry and broken at the same time. You went to place your hands on his shoulders to which he shook them off and the once safe arms you had curled up in previously became huge weapons which were poised to hit. 

"Shannon.." You began in a slow voice as you tried to calm him down. "I promise this isn't what you think.." His breathing seemed to get quicker and quicker. "I.." You couldn't think of the right words to say. "We.." At the sound of that - Shannon's eyes dropped to the floor as he bit his lip hard. 

"I give up." He spoke before turning on his heels and walking out through the car park and out onto the next street out of sight. He once told you that you were the main reason that he didn't give up on everything when he went though the worst of times and the thought of this made your stomach drop. Your feet automatically began to walk after him before you felt a firm grip on your left arm. 

"Leave him," You turned to see Tomo speaking sternly but quietly. "Trust me." You nodded without question and soon the confusion turned to anger. There was nothing going on between you and Jared.. So why had he made it seem that way? Why had Jared deliberately tried to break you apart? Why had he made it out to seem you were cheating on him? You stormed over to Jared who was still slumped on the ground - clearly dazed from the huge blow he had just received. 

"How dare you-" You began to lower yourself to his level before Tomo grabbed your shoulders and pulled you away. "How could you? Why would you do that? I really don't understand what the fuck you think you're doing but this is it Jared. You've broken his heart and made it out that I did. Is this what you wanted? Is it?!" You couldn't help your shouting as tears started to fill which made your voice become broken like everything else about you. "Because he's gone now.." The reality hit you as hard as a punch from Shannon. 

Emilia, who had been watching from the doorway for an amount of time you didn't know, slowly walked out and stood in front of you and Jared, tears straining her cheeks. She knelt down to Jared's level and without anybody stopping her she slapped Jared around the face. 

"I thought you were different." She hissed. 

Alice walked out as her smile quickly changed to a panicked stare as she looked first at Emilia and then to Tomo and he nodded. 

"Come on Emilia, let's get back home, shall we?" Alice, still confused as she has only seen Emilia slap Jared, led her by her arm to Jared's car as she pulled out and drove away leaving you, Tomo and Jared. 

"Get up," Tomo commanded as he pulled Jared up by his jacket. "Both of you in the car now." You had never heard Tomo this angry. You felt as if you and Jared had been caught doing something you shouldn't have when you both sat in the back of Tomo's car as you began the drive back to the house. The journey was silent. Looking across at the person next to you, you wished to see comforting hazel eyes and a side smile looking down at you, but all you saw was a hand concealing a pair of eyes as Jared sat motionless, head in hands, trying to control his breathing. 

______________________________________________

The car pulled into the drive and Tomo pulled open your door. 

"Go inside and got to bed. There will be no good in you staying up tonight. Things will look better in the morning." Tomo tried a smile which looked shaky and forced. You nod as you slowly walked up to the door and as you place your hand on the handle memories smash right through you. 

"I bet you can't even touch the top.." Shannon would taunt as the door to their huge house was massive. "Or even have the strength to open in.." You hit him on the shoulder at this remark as you pushed the door open with such force you almost fell over. Shannon's laughter bounced around your head as you shook away the memories and walked inside. 

You opened the door to see a silent Emilia sat crossed legged on the sofa with Alice's arm draped around her shoulders. You and Alice both exchanged understanding glances. "Let's go upstairs shall we.." Alice whispered as she wrapped her arm around Emilia's shoulders and led her upstairs. You took Emilia's place on the sofa and listened to the steady footsteps outside as they walked to the door and walked in with Jared just ahead of Tomo.

"But I-" Jared began. 

"Shut up." Tomo spoke. 

You knew Tomo wasn't deliberately trying to hurt him, he just didn't want to let Jared's drunken words make the situation any worse. Tomo pushed Jared onto a chair in the kitchen and wiped the blood from his lip and applied a dressing the best he could. Tomo look down at Jared.

"Upstairs," Tomo commanded as Jared stood and started walking. "Not with Emilia." This stopped Jared in his tracks as that memory hit him again and he walked more slowly. Tomo sat back in the chair he sat in earlier in the day when everything was OK. 

"I'm sorry.." You say as Tomo shifts his gaze to you. After a few seconds of examining you, he walks over and sits down to your right. 

"What for?" He said innocently. 

"For screwing them up.. Shannon.. Jared.." You wanted to say more but you couldn't as the lump in your throat blocked all the other words. 

"No, no.." Tomo wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "You didn't screw them up. They're screwed up anyway.. I mean look at them," He spoke with a laugh as he tried to his the seriousness. "You're the one thing that made Shannon fall completely in love with you.. You're the one that saved him." You were well aware that Shannon told Tomo more things about you and him then he did Jared. 

"Which is why this time.. I'm not so worried about Jared.." Tomo cut his words off and gave you a squeeze. 

"Things will look better in the morning.." Tomo said as he stood up before ushering you to walk up the stairs.

All you could think about was how the last time Shannon walked away, he nearly couldn't ever come back home.