Chapter 3

Shay walked through the streets, her shoes swinging in her hand and her jacket wrapped around her waist. Her sister was going to kill her about having to wash her uniform. She sighed as her feet crunched with every footstep. The weather was warm, with a large stroke of wind to add to the mix. She smiled softly, today was worth getting her head kicked in by her sister.

She unlocked the door, yelling "I'm home." The house was quiet, besides a muffling coming from her sister's room. She sighed, stupid sister getting it on with some guy she probably met at work again. She threw her bag onto the table and snuck up to her room, not wanting to disturb her sister's make out section any further.

She showered and dressed into a pikuchu tee-shirt and a pair of black shorts, slipped on her red converses and crept back downstairs. Clattering of cups and voices rung out from the kitchen. "Shay." Her sister's voice squealed, the natural tone. "This is Aaron." She gave a small smile before dragging her bag off the table and onto her shoulders again.

"I'm going out to pretend that you weren't in second base with a guy named Aaron." She mumbled, shivering and left, leaving the door hanging open for her sister(Paige) to shut.

She automatically rooted herself to the direction of the study park in the middle of town. It was a small park with benches and tables ideal for study freaks like herself. She trekked towards it, her bag swinging in rhythm to the song she had started listening to on her iPod.

-------------------------

Sliding into her usual seat, Shay put her other earphone in and cranked her iPod to the highest volume before turning to her homework. About an hour passed and she was still sat there, her hands pressed to her chin in thought. A tap on her shoulder julted her forward, causing her to hit her head.

"Owch." She groaned, slipping her earphone out. "What do you want now?" She hissed, letting her eyes run to the suspect.

A man about the same age as her stood in front of her. She blinked and squeezed her eyes, thinking. "Oh." She mumbled, running her hand through her hair. "Jesse."

He gave a light smile. "You remember me?" He whispered, staring into her eyes with his own big blue ones.

She nodded and let her hand switch off her iPod and pat the seat beside her. "Long time." She muttered, scowling at her earphones as she wrapped them around her iPod. "How are you?"

"Could be better." He sulked, slipping in beside her.

"What's wrong?" She asked, nosy at heart.

"Life. You?" He replied, giving her another weak smile.

She nodded in understanding. "Yeah."

"I've missed you, Shay."

-----------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger cause I know you love them. Like with my other books, will be updating on a two week basis now. So next upload will be April 15th - I think.

Tell me now - Team Jay or Team Jesse?

Love you! See you soon.