2 ➳ When A Writer's Choice (is Nonexistent)

On the road to Springland
Interstate 495 | 12 : 56 a.m.

Two things were going through my mind as the spacious, red van sped down the highway. One, being that the cold gas-station coffee in my dirty gas-station coffee cup was no longer as appetizing as it had first appeared. (In truth, this was actually my fourth cup of joe that night.)

The other more pressing thing was how much I needed to pee. (Evidently, four cups of joe had been too much for my bladder.)

". . . she shouldn't have too many signings a day. It would totally ruin her appearance and . . ."

'When we get to Springland,' I thought to myself, 'I'm throwing out this horrible coffee.'

". . . this is the chance to show the world what she's made of, she can't just sit around all day with nothing. . ."

". . . Brian, but twelve appointments a day?"  

'And I'm gonna make sure to find a decent coffee shop. But that depends on whether they have coffee shops. . . Even though the city is practically surrounded forest, they are sort of 'normal', right?'

Okay, I promise I wasn't always that bratty and vain. Truthfully, I was bored. My managers were talking about me like I wasn't there—again. They got caught up in the money matters quite often and left my opinions out of it all. 

I hadn't even wanted to come to Springland either, yet here I was.

If the reins had been in my hands, I would have been back in my Manhattan apartment simultaneously binge watching Psych on Netflix and writing my next werewolf mystery novel. I was a city girl. Spingland, to be clear on one thing, was solely forest; trees and trees for miles around.

"Welcome to Springland!" The large, white-washed sign revealed a few too many holes that looked suspiciously like they were left there by bullets. I didn't fail to notice them, my annoyance shooting sky high. 

'Great, I'll be in a town full of serial killers.' I smiled humorlessly. 'They probably use innocent people and white washed signs as targets.'

 I had been kidding.  

Again, excuse the brattiness, I was really annoyed. Hearing people who weren't you plan your life like you weren't there gets agitating.

It wasn't like I was going to be scared of this town because of a few hidden holes.

Hey guys, 

Thanks for reading this chapter. Don't be afraid to let me know what you think.

Oh and yeah, I am changing the script a bit here so... I hope the book makes sense from here out cause things are going to be a bit different.