Chapter One

A/N: This story is dedicated to xXsilentloverxX because she is as awesome as this story. <3

It was a little before midnight when me and Ashton arrived at the house. It was a pretty nice house. It was two stories and the beige paint on the outside looked new.

“Are you sure this will work?” I asked Ashton nervously.

“Of course it will. Stop worrying.” He popped the trunk and got out a wireless mike while I retrieved the camera.

Once we had our gear we headed towards the house. I waited a few steps back as Ashton knocked on the door. A teenaged boy with brown hair answered the door after about a minute.

“Can I help you?” he asked us, looking bored. I could see a group of teenagers sitting around a coffee table through the door.

“Didn’t my manager contact you?” Ashton asked, sounding completely innocent.

“Um, no,” the teenager replied, looking at us like we were crazy.

“Oh. Well, we’re supposed to be filming you guys tonight for our show. The Random Show,” Ashton was smiling now, acting like nothing was wrong.

“I’ve never heard of that show, and even if I had, I doubt I would agree to be filmed,” the teenager now seemed to be confused.

“I have a permit to film though,” Ashton said, reaching into his back pocket to pull out a piece of paper which he flashed to the boy quickly.

“Can I see that again?” he asked. “I didn’t get a very good look at it.”

“It doesn’t matter. The permit is still good whether you saw it or not,” Ashton replied. Then he pushed past the boy into the house. “Where do you think we should film from, Chris?”

“Against that wall,” I replied, pointing to the left wall. We began to walk towards the place I had pointed out.

The boy was still by the door looking lost. He looked over at one of the girls sitting by the table desperately. They looked very similar. They were probably siblings. The girl just shrugged, so the boy closed the door and went and sat by his friends again.

“What show are you supposed to be from again?” a rather tough looking girl asked.

“The Random Show,” Ashton replied with his amazing fake smile.

“Right,” she said, raising an eyebrow skeptically. “And what channel is this show on?”

“Channel fifty-eight,” Ashton replied confidently.

“That’s the weather channel,” a scrawny boy said, pushing his glasses up.

“Oh the channels must be different here,” Ashton said quickly. He should seriously be a professional liar.

“Alright everyone, we’re going to do some introductions. I want you to come up here one at a time and state your name and age. No last names because it would violate our privacy rule,” I told them. They could probably hear the fear in my voice. They were analyzing my words and they would realize I was lying and then we’d be found out and probably kicked out.

“This is so ridiculous,” the boy who answered the door said, interrupting my mental freak out. He got up and came over to the camera though. “My name is Mark, and I’m seventeen.”

Well that was easy. “Who’s next?” I asked.

The girl who looked a lot like him got up and came over. “I’m Kate, and I’m seventeen. Oh, and I can see you’re trying to figure out why we look similar,” she said, gesturing over to Mark. “Twins,” she said before sitting back down.

Before I could ask who was next, a pretty girl walked up to the camera. It seemed like she was about to burst from excitement. “I’ve never been on TV before!” she said. “Oh my gosh this is going to be so amazing! I’m Tiffany, and I’m sixteen years old.” After she was done she skipped, literally skipped, back to the table where everyone was sitting.

Next came the scrawny boy with glasses who had known about the weather channel. “My name is Adam, and I’m sixteen years old.”

After he had sat back down, two girls came up. One was the tough looking girl. Another younger looking girl was with her. The younger girl looked like she was about to pass out from nervousness.

“Go on,” the tough girl said to the young girl. “Tell them your name and age.”

“T-T-Tina,” the young girl said. She looked like she was about to burst into tears.

“And your age,” the tough girl said, smiling lovingly at her.

“F-fifteen,” Tina said, staring intently at the ground.

“Thank you very much, Tina,” I told her, trying to sound as nice as possible.

“Don’t worry, sis,” the tough girl said to Tina, still smiling at her lovingly. “You did great!” Tina moved back to the table of kids as fast as she could. I turned to the tough girl.

“Valerie, seventeen, and if you make her cry, trust me, you’ll regret it,” she said threateningly. Then she smiled evilly and moved back to the other teenagers.

I looked around wondering if that was everyone, but no, there was one more guy. He was sitting on a couch, his feet propped up on the coffee table. As I watched he lit a cigarette and began to smoke. I saw both Mark and Kate glare at him, but neither said anything.

“And who are you?” Ashton asked the guy.

The guy just stared at Ashton for a second before breathing out smoke. “Why do you care?” he asked.

Ashton looked taken aback, and for once he didn’t seem to know what to say.

“That’s Drake,” Mark said, glaring at him. “He’s sixteen. Happy? Can we get this whole thing over with as quickly as possible now?”

“Now don’t be rude, Brother,” Drake said, smiling slyly at Mark.

“Brother?” Ashton asked. He couldn’t resist drama and this whole thing reeked of it.

“Step-brother,” Kate contributed, glaring at Drake as much as Mark was.

Ashton was smiling widely, and it wasn’t even a fake smile anymore. He knew he’d enjoy this.

“So what were you all planning on doing?” Ashton asked.

“Well, we were playing spin the bottle, but then you guys interrupted that,” Valerie said.

“I say we just move on to truth or dare,” Adam put in. “It’s not like the bottle will ever land on me.” He said that last part rather bitterly.

“All in favor of playing truth or dare raise your hand,” Mark said, raising his own hand. They all raised their hands except Drake, who seemed like he couldn’t care less what was happening.

“Then it’s decided. We’ll move on to truth or dare,” Kate said.

“This will be so much fun,” Ashton whispered to me. I wasn’t sure about fun, but definitely interesting.

Picking up the mike, Ashton walked in front of the camera and in a loud, clear voice he said, “Let the game begin!”